iPhone 11 I need help - moved my SIM to my new phone and now I’m ALL confused.

ssledoux

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
What have I done?

I didn’t have time before work to activate my phone and I let it set up and restore from backup while I was gone. Of course, no service because the darn thing wasn’t activated.

So I came home and put my SIM from my XR in it.

Well now my watch is picking my new phone up as XR and my phone name pops up as my XR.

In addition, IDK what I have to do to sync my watch. Do I have to unpair from my XR, even though I restored the phone from my backup?

Should I just get on ATT and activate the phone with the SIM it came with or what? I just don’t feel like messing with ATT all night, and I’m hearing it’s taking forever.
- - Post merged: - -

Someone just tell me what to do please. ;-p

hugodrax

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2007
You need to rename your phone it takes the name of the old one. Its the copying of the old phone to the new. Go to settings then about and you will see the name option where you can change it.

Shirasaki

macrumors G3
May 16, 2015
You need to rename your phone it takes the name of the old one. Its the copying of the old phone to the new. Go to settings then about and you will see the name option where you can change it.
I’d say this is not necessary.
What OP should do is unpairing the watch and re-pairing it so that it will connect to iPhone properly after restoring from a backup. As for AT&T, ugh... guess I would call them anyway.

ssledoux

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Did that and it doesn’t change it in my iCloud list where it shows the devices on my account, even though the new name shows up in the General - about settings.