I need my iPhone now.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gallianp, Sep 29, 2012.

1. gallianp macrumors newbie

Open letter to Apple,

Apple fill your backorders before you open up new avenues. A month wait is just not right.

Paul Gallian

2. drakestan macrumors regular

If you need it that bad, you would have woken up at midnight and pre-ordered it.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Apple doesn't read Open Letters addressed to them on this forum.

4. oneprouddaddy macrumors member

oneprouddaddy

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

Nor do they read letter from people acting like a small child.

6. mac.fanatic macrumors 6502

Although Apple's headquarter is in the US, the US is not their sole source of business. It is a multibillion dollar corporation. They need to keep their business up and running. Along with the US, Apple needs to source to other countries also.

You don't need an iPhone. You want an iPhone.

7. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

Reserve and pick up at the store the next day. Problem solved.

8. gallianp thread starter macrumors newbie

What a hard crowd to play to.
    1. person telling what I want not need ? got a laugh out of that..
    2. Telling me that I am a child
    3. One telling me about corporate Apple
    4. One telling me that I should have stayed up late to place an order.
    5. None saw my humor attempt with an open letter.

The truth is no one knows a thing about me.. I may just be a well placed Apple employee or a fool as most of you assume (are they the same thing?) :apple: :apple: :apple:

9. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I appreciate your attempt, but honestly, it just wasn't very funny. Maybe a video next time, like that gal that posted herself on YouTube, sobbing over Kristen Stewart cheating on Rob Pattinson? Now that was pure entertainment.

10. aneftp macrumors 68040

Midnight? You do realize 1/3 of the USA lives on the East Coast. That's 3am.

Most can stay up till midnight. But not 3am east coast time to pre order. It's a pain to set alarm at 255am and try to preorder. Than try to go back to sleep for 2 hours and wake up again at 5am and be at work

11. AFDoc macrumors 68030

We know enough from this thread to know....... because of your poor planning you're upset with apple.

12. gallianp thread starter macrumors newbie

aneftp,

I live in the central time zone -- I did stay up and purchased my WIFE a iPhone 5 at the time I was just going to stick with my 4s. But the fever got to me.

Paul +

13. aneftp macrumors 68040

We got young kids. Sleep is essential. Anyways I woke up at 430am eastern time to order from apple. Got iPhone on Tuesday. So 4 days delay.

What's weird is if u order in retail carrier store u will get the phone faster.

Nurse at my work placed ordered sprint iPhone 5 16gb white on Monday (Monday Sept 24th) and Sprint called her on Thursday Sept 27th to pick her iPhone 5.

I feel bad for people who have to wait 4 weeks while people who order from carrier stores get it in 2-3 days.

14. ITS ME DAVID macrumors 6502

I stood up and preordered my iPhone on launch date so for those of you who were lazy, tired or ignorant enough not to preorder on the preorder date and are now complaining need suck it up nuff said!!

15. aneftp macrumors 68040

Sorry man. Some people have jobs that require us to be at work by 6am.

I was lucky to get out early at 1pm and headed to apple store to pick up another iPhone 5 32gb white for the white. They ran out of black models but wife wanted the white one anyways.

16. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

U should of waited in line like the other freaks overnight.

17. gallianp, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012

gallianp thread starter macrumors newbie

Are insults called for! I find this post from you rude. I hope I am never rude to you and respect your post always.

18. spiralynth macrumors regular

Uncalled? Or are you just being funny again. I can't tell.

19. gallianp thread starter macrumors newbie

Poor typing on my part. should read

Insults like the one posted are not called for..

20. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

First World Problem.

(sorry, had to)

Seriously, though, I suspected the i5 would be hard to get so I stayed up and pre-ordered. Being an impatient person I'm very glad I did because I'd be going crazy right now. Some of my friends are trying and failing every day.

GL!

21. JoeyCloverfield macrumors regular

Serious Question: Why do you NEED an iPhone?

22. mantan macrumors 68000

Why even wake up early? I logged in and preordered it at 9:45 that Friday morning during a 10 minute break at the conference I was attending. Got it shipped day one with all the other preorders.

I think some people make this way harder than it should be. Waiting in line? Waking up in the middle of the night?

23. jeblis macrumors regular

Either way you come off as child be it your whining or your sophomoric humor.

24. protobiont macrumors 6502a

If you NEED an iPhone now, you'd better go buy a 4s. It can do everything a 5 can do.

25. darster Suspended

To the OP. If you don't like it, start your own company, make your own device and be happy. Since you are the business expert here, please tell us how Apple can fill all those backorders at the pace you wish them to. Exactly how do you get all the factories to increase production when they are operating at 100%? I know how they could have solved it, just not allow your order to go through once their supplies exceeded demand. See how easy that was. You wouldn't be waiting for a phone then. I'm a genius. I think I will pass this on to Apple.