I need quite a lot of help with my iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lukefinch, Feb 3, 2011.

1. lukefinch macrumors 6502

lukefinch

Hi everyone, I need quite a lot of help here please:confused:

I am going to be selling my iPhone 3G to a friend this weekend. It is running the latest software and is currently locked to o2.

It has previously been jailbroken when all you had to was go to the jailbreaking website, jailbreakme.com and i have also used spirit, but i think it my be harder to do now though? I have also never unlocked the phone before

What i need to do is get it jailbroken, i'm willing to downgrade the iOS version if necessary, and unlock the phone so it can be used on t-mobile.

Please would some of you on here be able to guide me through the process?

Thanks in advance.

2. Steven Jobson macrumors regular

3. lukefinch thread starter macrumors 6502

lukefinch

OK

The firmware is 4.1

The baseband is 05.14.02

4. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

if you are running the lastest software then you have also updated the baseband to one that cannot be unlocked.

You can downgrade a 3G to any version of IOS 3 without SHSH and to any version of IOS4 if you have SHSH. However, none of this will downgrade the baseband to an unlockable one.

There is only one option available to you at this time which is to upgrade to the IPAD baseband using Redsn0w. The upgrade to the ipad baseband makes it unlockable.

You should be aware that there are some implications of doing so.

1. You will lose your GPS without any solution in sight.
    2. You will never be able to do a normal ITunes update on the phone ever again you will always have to use custom firmware. It would help if you have access to a MAC to do so.

There is a new version of Ultrasnow that is expected to be released soon after the Verizon Iphone is released in the US. This might help to unlock your phone on the existing baseband so it might be worth waiting to see what is released.

This is no more than one to two weeks away.

5. lukefinch thread starter macrumors 6502

lukefinch

So there is no way of unlocking it? Is there any way that o2 would be able to do it for me?

As for jailbreaking it, how would i go about doing that?

6. dnw1987 macrumors member

7. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Of course, what am I thinking off that is the solution to your problem. O2 will unlock the phone for you.

The procedure is very simple you go to their web site and fill in an unlock form there are two different procedures.

If the phone is on pay and go you have to make sure you have more than 15 Sterling on credit and they will unlock it and deduct 15 Pounds.

If you are on contract they will unlock it for free.

THe procedure is here http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/unlockmyiphone.html

8. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

9. lukefinch thread starter macrumors 6502

lukefinch

Brilliant, thankyou for that info

Now can anyone help me jailbreak this phone?

10. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Run redsn0w (any version after and including 0.9.6b5) and hit "install iPad baseband" to unlock.

11. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

At firmware 4.1 you can use either limera1n or Greenpo1son.

Just google them, they are both mac and windows compatible you just download them connect the phone and run the app.

12. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Do not do this. It will **** up your phone and the o2 factory unlock will not work.

13. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Do not do this.

You can get the factory unlock, so don't try to use this method of jailbreak unlock.

You want to jailbreak, just use limera1n or greenpois0n or one of the redsn0ws.

14. lukefinch thread starter macrumors 6502

lukefinch

Yes, it is now jailbroken using Redsn0w and i'm getting o2 to unlock it for me.

Thanks everyone!