I need some earphones with a remote for my iphone, they don't seem to exist

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ixi, Feb 21, 2009.

1. ixi macrumors newbie

Hi, is there anything out there? I don't want the in ear headphones from apple. I want to be able to skip tracks and mess with the volume with my iphone in my pocket. Doesn't seem like too much to ask but I can't find anything.

2. bingbong951 macrumors newbie

Idk

No I dont think that there is. Well why not buy the new apple inear phones? I hear they are great!

3. ixi thread starter macrumors newbie

Mostly because earphones are bad for your ears but in-ear phones are horrendous for them. Generation deaf coming up.

I guess there isn't, I've looked everywhere. Thanks.

4. CocheseUGA macrumors member

Wonderful amount of facts backing that up you have there.

It's not the design, it's the volume.

5. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

The only pair I could find were here; http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/ultimate-buds-apple-etymotic-er6i-iphone-earphones/

You could also check out this page, I guess by "iPhone wired" it means that the headset has a remote. I checked a few of them, and they do.

Please note that I have not tried any of these, I hope you find a good pair.

6. glassx macrumors member

7. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

wrong forum Mod's can you please move it to the accesories forum ?

you should be able to find answers there

8. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

A few thoughts...

In-ear headphones are healthier for your ears as they require a much lower volume due to noise isolation properties.

Even the Apple In-Ear do not allow volume adjustments (possibly remedied with a firmware fix).

EarphoneSolutions.com is my only destination for audio needs. They have about 10 compatible options.

9. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

on full volume, in ear headphones are probably the worst option for your ears

but the whole reason for in ears is that you don't NEED the high volume (anyone who can even stand in ear headphones on full volume is a bit crazy imo)

the volume that regular headphones (over ear headphones without the noise cancelling properties of, say, bose noise cancelling headphones) require much higher volumes in order to sound the same as the in ear headphones

its not about the headphones you use, its about how responsibly you use them