I need this kind of charger. Seems uncommon.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MrCheeto, Jul 16, 2010.

1. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

OK, I've seen this charger for an electric shaver before, however all of my current shavers just HAPPEN to have a different connector now -.-' Ballz.

This is my 650,000v tazer. It's micro sized compared to most 100,000v tazers and doubles as a 4-led flashlight, so it goes without saying it wasn't cheap. (at the time)

Currently, it's completely useless as I've misplaced the charger. It was a mobile charger for a vehicle's standard 12v DC receptacle. Does it make any difference if it's a 12v mobile adapter or a 120v household AC adapter, so long as the connector is the same?

Where could I find this charger? I've attached this image with a USB cable for comparison. It is symmetrical along both axes and JUST wider than a USB port.

[​IMG]

2. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Is it a power adapter/charger/brick/wall wart type cable or just a cable? If it's just a cable it looks similar to what is used on a lot of portable radios, cassette recorders, etc. Either way, you may have some luck here:

RadioShack.com
    BatteriesPlus.com

3. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

It was very compact, going straight from the small adapter to just a cable. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a straight 12v DC.

Any devices specifically that I could search for that use this plug? I'd like to look at some of the devices you mean, someone may just be selling the cable for it.

4. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Off the top of my head I couldn't say, but I remember that a number of the older battery operated radios/cassette recorders (these weren't recargeable though) of the 70s usually had a AC cable with a standard 2-prong plug on the one end (to plug in the wall) and a plug (similar to what your device's receptacle has) to plug into the device. Come to think of it the power cord on the new unibody Mac mini has a cord similar to that, I think that cord is also used on the Apple TV and maybe the Time Capsule if that's the kind of thing you're looking for. Don't know if Apple sells them separately though.

Maybe this:
    RadioShack.com: 6-Ft. AC Power Cord

Or maybe something here:
    MonoPrice.com: Power Cables / Cords

5. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I know what you mean, my boombox and most laptops use the same connector, but it's larger than mine :p

Thanks anyway.

6. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Maybe something here:

ElectricShaverStore.com: Power Cords

7. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

¡¡EFFING excellenté!!

Finally, is there any thought on the current? I mean if there's no transformer or rectifier brick, then it means the original is straight 12v DC, and a wall plug would be TEN TIMES that current. XD

Any tinkerers?

8. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

[​IMG] < Are you referring to this? From what little I understand of things electrical I think you'd need some kind of transformer if you need 12v DC.

[​IMG] < Wouldn't this be closer to what you need?

Maybe you'd have better luck with looking for something for the actual device, do you have the manufacturer, model name, model number, power requirements, etc?