I need time of photo to make meaningful Events

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by vjaaan, Mar 23, 2013.

1. vjaaan macrumors 6502

I have been trying to use iPhoto (11) as a meaningful approach to ordering all the family photos we take. So I need to have each photos information about what time it was taken, etc, readily available to create my Albums and Events.

This information would be available in my old file directory system of ordering photos (as well as an easier way of batch-naming a large group of photos). Why is that not possible with this iPhoto program that is supposed to be such a good tool for managing photos?

Thanks for any answers or solutions.

2. MCH-1138, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013

MCH-1138 macrumors 6502

MCH-1138

I think this is related to your other thread. iPhoto will show whatever EXIF data is available in the file that was imported. If iPhoto is not showing any EXIF data, the most likely cause is that the file that was imported did not include any.

If you need to make batch changes to the date/time info, you can do that in iPhoto, as well:

Photos->Adjust Date and Time

or

Photos->Batch Change

3. vjaaan thread starter macrumors 6502

My photos do have all that date stamp and gps information on them. I can access them in other sources. And my iPhone 4S does include them in its photos.

I have since read where iPhoto 11 is inadequate in this regard. There must be a way around this.