Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JRIMBRI

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
I ordered my iPhone 5 with a dumb phone line and planned on using my 4s sim, but my 4s uses micro, when can i go to att and pick one up?

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
In the past my iPhones came with a sim already installed so I believe it will be the same.

docal97

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2006
Southampton
but does anyone know if they will have the new nano sim in stock on/before launch day? I'm not sure if other phones use this sim, or whether it is just apple exclusive for now.

JRIMBRI

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
but does anyone know if they will have the new nano sim in stock on/before launch day? I'm not sure if other phones use this sim, or whether it is just apple exclusive for now.

Yes this is what i need to know i called on the 12th (when they announced nanosim) he said most likely same day. but just come in and we will switch sims and do all of it and cancel data plan on new phone without a charge.

fastblack

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2008
Don't activate it until you call AT&T and have them change it to your main line. You shouldn't need the sim then.

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
Yes it will but for my dumb phone number not for my iPhone

Last year I used someone else's upgrade and they had a regular SIM. When I went to the AT&T store they just gave me the new SIM cards for free. The lady even gave me a few extras in case it didn't work right :)

SBik2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2006
/private/var/root
I called at&t and asked about something similar because I used my brother's upgrade to get the 5. They said either call and have them change the iccid to my line or go to a corporate at&t store and get a sim and if they try to charge me, call and they'd credit me. Pretty nice, so it shouldn't be a huge worry for you. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.