I need to buy a nano sim from att?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JRIMBRI, Sep 15, 2012.

1. JRIMBRI macrumors member

I ordered my iPhone 5 with a dumb phone line and planned on using my 4s sim, but my 4s uses micro, when can i go to att and pick one up?

2. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

In the past my iPhones came with a sim already installed so I believe it will be the same.

3. JRIMBRI thread starter macrumors member

Yes it will but for my dumb phone number not for my iPhone

4. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

You would have to ask AT&T to swap accounts between your Micro and Nano SIM cards.

5. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

but does anyone know if they will have the new nano sim in stock on/before launch day? I'm not sure if other phones use this sim, or whether it is just apple exclusive for now.

6. JRIMBRI thread starter macrumors member

Yes this is what i need to know i called on the 12th (when they announced nanosim) he said most likely same day. but just come in and we will switch sims and do all of it and cancel data plan on new phone without a charge.

7. fastblack macrumors regular

Don't activate it until you call AT&T and have them change it to your main line. You shouldn't need the sim then.

8. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Last year I used someone else's upgrade and they had a regular SIM. When I went to the AT&T store they just gave me the new SIM cards for free. The lady even gave me a few extras in case it didn't work right :)

9. Bakakage macrumors 6502

Sim cards are usually free for upgrade swaps and things like that, don't sweat it.

10. SBik2 macrumors 6502a

SBik2

I called at&t and asked about something similar because I used my brother's upgrade to get the 5. They said either call and have them change the iccid to my line or go to a corporate at&t store and get a sim and if they try to charge me, call and they'd credit me. Pretty nice, so it shouldn't be a huge worry for you. :)