I Need to Create a Website Quick! Best Options? ((No Tumblr) I Just Bought a Domain))

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by HappyDude20, Mar 25, 2013.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Hi all!

I just bought a domain (one of many that I own) but this time around it's for school. Specifically for a final, which is due in under 48 hours from the time of this writing. Thing is, all my previous domains link to my various Tumblr-like (and alike) sites.

I need to create a website that my school project associated domain can point to, as for my final. What I find most fascinating about any of this is that the last time I was in such a predicament of creating a website, it was many years ago with Google Sites**(?) a couple years back.

Succinctly stated, I just wanna create good educational website that'll allow me to include videos (YouTube/Video and the like) alongside informative paragraphs, within multiple pages. Free of course.

Any help.. greatly appreciated.

;)

**(?) is Google Pages still available? I'm sure there are better free alternative's out there nowadays.

2. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Serif WebPlus is great software for beginners to website building and has easy uploading built in.

3. davidstokes macrumors newbie

Install wordpress.

it's the easiest software to build websites with.

I know it's a blog. But you can click one thing to change it to a normal site.

It's so easy to install and setup.. I've purchased domains over my iphone and added them to my server and installed wordpress all in 20-30 minutes.

You can also add themes and widgets to do loads of cool things.

4. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

What would you say would be the best, low priced hosting solution?

Wordpress looks quite interesting, if not for this project perhaps for my own other domains in the coming future.