I need to JailBreak NOW: Help a fellow Jailbreak Newbie Out

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by HappyDude20, Sep 4, 2009.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Hey so I'm getting my iPod Touch 2G in a matter of hours and would really like to jailbreak sooner than later. I feel the sooner I have it jailbroken, the sooner I can get started on using it all the time and hopefully replacing my Macbook Pro. Not completely of course, just to the extent of not having to carry around my MBP everywhere and now having the luxury of carrying only the Touch in my pocket.

I'm starting this thread because upon reading my threads here i'm still very confused on jailbreaking, that and it seems that there are numerous routes to take to Jailbreak.

1st of all, i'm correct to assume that all of the native iPod Touch Apple Apps such as Mail, Calendar, Weather, etc still work and perform normally with a jailbroken Touch correct?

Aside from jailbreaking to have access to a wider array of interesting, useful, fun apps...I really need to install an ipa app that isn't allowed to be used unless its purchased. I won't get into details here in case this type of talk isn't allowed in the forums so i'll be purposely vague in saying that I have an ipa file, which is a widely available app in the iTunes app store, which costs quite a bit of moolah. I'd like to be able to use this app on my ipod touch, w/o having to you know...you know.

I'm not sure assuming that all jailbreak options can offer this.

I'm just asking for help. Words or even links of actual help will be great.

thanks!

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

If you're asking for help in pirating applications you are in the wrong place; we don't help with piracy here. If you want apps from the iTunes store pay for them.

3. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

i understand.

i just bought the app in preparation of getting the Touch.

I was too excited so bought it already and am just waiting to go to the apple store in less than an hour.

hopefully all will go well.

but back to the important matter at hand...everyone says to jailbreak cause it opens up so many more possibilities on the Touch...

As of now i've heard of Cydia and RED something to jailbreak. it seems there are many options on jailbreaking and im wondering what are the differences if any?

4. Finlandboy macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

ipodtouchfans(dot)com my friend for all ur answers