I need to know. Does Philadelphia and the suburban areas (DelCo) have 4G LTE yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ObsidianBlade, Sep 15, 2012.

1. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

I looked at AT&T's coverage map. The whole area is saturated in their HSPA+ 4G which is like idk, 6Mbps.

I then looked at their "list of 4G LTE cities" and Philadelphia was on the list. Could someone with an LTE capable device with AT&T in the area put this to rest please?

This will be a major deciding factor in my carrier for the iPhone 5 because I only get 1-2 bars of LTE here whereas I used to get like 5 bars when I had AT&T (3G)

2. ObsidianBlade thread starter macrumors regular

Okay so I just found out that Philadelphia definitely has LTE through AT&T now. However, that doesn't tell me if Delaware County and the areas around the city have it or not. So I ask if someone could please find that out for me?

3. absolutazn87 macrumors member

Other forums I've looked at have shown that AT&T turned on LTE for Philly and most surrounding suburbs a few weeks ago as a soft launch with an official launch a few days ago.

4. ObsidianBlade thread starter macrumors regular

I can now confirm this is true for at least most of Delaware County as I've spoken to a store in Eddystone, PA and tested one of their phones. I got an amazing 35Mb down. Can't wait for my iPhone 5 now!