I never see any ipads in public. Do any of you carry ipads?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hcho3, Jul 14, 2010.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

iPad has been out for months, but I never see anyone with it. Yesterday, I saw one person was using In the panera bread. Do any of u carry iPad?

2. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I take mine with me wherever I go. Don't always get the chance to use it when I have it though. But it is with me. Especially because of the 3G capability it has.

I have seen a number of them out in the wild myself though.

3. CarboysDesire macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

Mine goes everywhere too. Grocery store, gym, work, lunchroom, bank, shopping...everywhere. It's so portable--and I don't worry about theft or damage. It's cool enough to have to buy all over again, and not THAT expensive, although it would be a bummer to have to do that. But yes, it's with me nearly always.

4. Rick in NC macrumors member

Always with me too. People ask me about it and I have a chance to show what it can do.

5. Freis968 macrumors 6502a

Freis968

I have seen several out in the "wild". I leave mine home though, it is exclusively for home use. I have my iPhone 4 for field work. I don't like carrying too much crap around with me. Less is more concept subscriber here.

6. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

Never bring it with me unless i know I'm going to use it at my destination. I love it, but the iPhone is more portable and I see no reason to lug it around with me "just in case" I may want to use it.

7. littleluna macrumors member

I've seen two people carry an iPad. One was at a Coffee Shop (Peet's) and the other one was at a bookstore. Now that my Aunt bought her kids one, they always carry it with them when they go out, too.

I obviously don't have one (waiting for a price drop :p), but it's always nice to see those little gadgets in public. I actually want one myself now, those iPads look amazing!

8. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

I live in San Francisco, it can be dangerous to be seen with it on the streets or on the bus.

9. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Same here. I only bring it if I know there's a likelihood I will need it. Almost anything I need to do out in the world, I can do on the iPhone and email or iDisk over to the iPad later. The phone is just WAY more portable, and no one pays attention to it.

I do have a very slim and portable setup for the iPad though, and a purse no one believes it fits into. It's impossible to tell I have it with me until I pull it out to use.

10. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I work at a restaurant as a server and seem them all the time. Literally daily.

11. surferchick2 macrumors member

Mine goes everywhere...especially now that my 3G iPhone is a mess after the update. I see ipads now and then, but I'll see quite a few when I travel. Once I saw like 10 during a stroll up the aisle.

12. gillybean macrumors 6502a

I've seen other people with iPads on the bus, in restaurants, and in the elevator at work.

13. Briview macrumors regular

Same here! I live in LA, so I carry it with me wherever I go since there's WiFi in almost all places imaginable. And people often ask me about it and I show how some of the features work, always works out just fine! It's pretty cool and interesting... I guess it also makes a great pre-intro icebreaker! I've faced some negative comments on it though... like one I heard earlier today at a café: "oooh.. that's the biggest iPod touch I've ever seen!" She was trying to whisper quietly to inform her friends, but it was kind of loud, and I heard it... yet I didn't turn around to look at the person.

14. Gaijin de Moscu macrumors regular

I don't carry mine, although I see people around me do so in Geneva. I use my iPhone 3GS on the go, as all my main programs sync between the two.

15. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

I wanted a 'take everywhere' computing device for years. One that could not only be taken everywhere, but one that I would actually remember to bring everywhere with me, and my iPad has fit the bill.

Work, campus, friend's houses, everywhere I go...except maybe for grocery shopping, it comes with me. Half the time I bring it with my and don't end up doing anything with it; like tonight, I was visiting old friends at the bar and brought my iPad.

It's nice to have an awesome computing device for when I need it, and to have the security to know I've got it, even when I don't need it.

16. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

I haven't seen a one. But I'm not one to go to places they'd be using them. Mine is for home use (only wifi). I take my Incredible with me for the outside world.

17. stil macrumors member

stil

I have a 3G model and I take mine everywhere but have never seen one in the wild except for sale. I live in China though and they are not officially for sale here yet. People all know what it is and are curious. They like to see the racing games and the China Unicom TV streaming I want to see an iPhone 4 in the wild or at least out of the box. Unlocked they are going for $1500. I think I'll wait on that price.

18. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I've only seen one, multiple times now! Another mom at OT has one, "waiting room moms" best friend.

We take ours most places we go, sometimes they come out, sometimes not.

19. bryanc28 macrumors 6502

bryanc28

I haven't seen anyone around where I live (Washington DC suburbs), but I just got back from London & I saw several people with iPads. Also, the lady next to me on the plane had one.

20. TheXIIIth macrumors member

I haven't seen one out in public either.:confused:

I usually take my ipad to work with me on the days I don't ride my motorcycle and I've taken it to some of my evening classes as well.
    I've taken it to Border's once and to a couple of "bike night" gatherings to show some pictures from some other motorcycle events some of us might have gone to the weekend prior.

21. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

The place to see quite a few iPads is at airports! On my last flight I even sat next to someone with an iPad. Kind of fun to "compare notes."

22. smirking macrumors 6502a

I see them out in the wild all the time. I even saw one at the gym a couple of weeks after it was released.

23. AppleKash macrumors 6502

AppleKash

I have mine in class, at work (to do work), and other places too since it's too hot in Texas to leave it in the car..... But I haunt seen anyone else lugging one around quite yet....closest thing was all the billboards and posters of the iPad in San Francisco, lol.

24. TorontoLRT macrumors 6502

Mine is the only one I've ever seen in public.

25. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

I don't see them a lot but I live in a suburban city with no public transportation so it isn't that surprising. I also don't hang out at starbucks or the bookstore.

I do not bring my ipad with me but I will probably start after my bag gets here. I haven't even brought it to work because I sit in front of a computer all day and didn't really see a purpose.

However, it appears that kindle has some books that would be extremely useful at work so I might start bringing it with me.

I might also bring it to the grocery store with me to take advantage of the shopping lists but I am undecided on this. I could probably bring it to Publix and not get bothered by anyone. However, I would never bring it to wal-mart.