i opened my iphone to fix it and a couple quick questions before i go further...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by whitie, Jan 19, 2009.

1. whitie macrumors newbie

ok I opened my phone to replace screen and digitizer, the one i recieved from ebay was not the correct piece and now i have to wait another few weeks for it to get here but i have a couple of questions....]

1. On the back of the lcd display there is a silver "Sticker" i guess you could call it what is its purpose and what does it mean if its ripped?

2. I have the screen and digitizer off, but when the phone i guess comes on on the screen it just lights up no picture or anything, i reconnected everything except the glass and digitizer... is there something wrong with my phone now or will the picture only show up if the glass and digitizer are connected?

2. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

1. the silver sticker is to reflect light so you can see better. back in the day when there was no color screen cellphone i used to take out the sticker and put a picture of a girl with white background in. that was cool.