I paid $400 for my iPhone, now where is my $100 store credit?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by christall109, Jun 9, 2008.

1. christall109 macrumors 6502

So just like you early adopters who bought it on the day of the release, I too am an early iPhone customer that was an early adopter. I bought it 3 months after it was released and paid $400 for it. Now just 9 months later the price is cut by half!!!! I'M PISSED OFF I WANT MY IN STORE 100 CREDIT JUST LIKE THE EARLY ADOPTERS. MY LOGIC IS FLAWLESS.

if you didn't guess I'm kidding and actually I'm quite glad I did not sell my iPhone on ebay. Just take at look at we get that new 3G iPhoners won't get.

-we got a fancy dock for our iPhone (3G people don't just look at apple's specs)
    -we pay $20 a month instead of $30
    -sure we have EDGE and triangular locations, which i think can be just as good as the lame GPS, and just how much websites you look at using EDGE? (most of them are now iPhone-esk and EDGED optimized)
    -We have a sick aluminum back
    -and most all we will not have to deal with AT&T in-store activations (this i think is a step in the wrong direction)
    -we get firmware 2.0 and more to come

REJOICE FIRST GEN USERS, WE CAN WAIT ANOTHER YEAR FOR A COOLER and probaly cheeper phone with more features than just 3G speeds and GPS

2. lilj4425 macrumors 6502a

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

"Oh! Apple updated the iMacs six months after I bought mine! I should get reimbursed!"

"Shut up. You had six months. Shut up."

I hate these people! You can't scrounge anything out of the tech industry. Tech changes. Live with it.

4. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

5. christall109 thread starter macrumors 6502

Did you miss the part where I said I was KIDDING?

And the point of this thread is for first gen iPhoners to rejoice

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Did you miss my QUOTATION MARKS? That was a simulated conversation that follows the same reasoning as the people who try to pull this kind of stunt, followed by my personal reaction to these situations.

Oh, and I am indeed rejoicing. Granted, since I won my iPhone and am on Verizon with my family, I have not actually had telephony for the entire year that I've had it. It's unlocked, and I'll pop in a friend's SIM when I want to show someone up, but I've never had service...

I still have an iPhone. It's still kick-awesome.

Side Note: How do prepaid SIMs work? Do they only allow access to what you've paid for and shut themselves down once you've used their minutes or do they just roll it over and charge you out the ear? Are they one-time use things that I can throw away after they're used or are they the "keeps going after the minutes are used and charge you out the ear" type?