I phone died, but in a different way then others have posted

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by swilliams, Jun 21, 2010.

1. swilliams macrumors newbie

So... my I phone had about 3/4th charge on it. I took it off of the charger earlier in the morning and used it as i normally do. I opened a game to pass the time (something with birds crashing into things)... Then my phone died...

none of the buttons do anything regardless how long I hold them down. When I plug it into the wall charger nothing happens (on any outlet). My computer wont recognize it (even when I pull up everything thats plugged in on usb).

when I call the phone it just rings 6 or 7 times (on the other end of-course) and then goes to voicemail.

not sure what to do...

Steve

2. jazzxs macrumors newbie

Hit off Home button till you get the apple shuts off comes on release. Or Connect to itunes try restore.

3. Dezlboy macrumors regular

If I can clarify what jazzxs wrote:

Hold down the OFF button (at top of iPhone) and push down the HOME button at the same time. Keep them pressed down until you see the apple appear (or something like that happens). You may be holding the two buttons down for five to ten seconds, it will seem like forever!

When the iPhone boots back up it should be okay. That has happened to me three times in a year, who knows why?