I pod wont connect ot Wifi all of the sudden!???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by copperz, Jan 19, 2008.

1. copperz macrumors member

copperz

My touch just stopped connecting to networks. It was fine and worked great then few days ago it I left it charging to my laptop for the night woke up and it lost signal. Now it won’t connect to any signal that is free Wifi. I rest the network settings and the whole ipod settings still no go. Any ideas?

2. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

when you say 'free' do you mean your neighbors?

3. copperz thread starter macrumors member

copperz

no, network at my house and staples cvs... the towns network...

4. rusty. macrumors member

rusty.

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

then attempt to connect again if not there's really not much anyone can do for you.

5. copperz thread starter macrumors member

copperz

done that. few times. it just shows the network bars in the wifi menu and they are full when i connect the bars are all gone (white) like out of range... But im right near the router.

6. aviddk macrumors regular

I hate to ask the obvious but WiFi is turned on isn't it? Is Invite turned off or on? Change the settings then reboot the iPhone. I was having problems one day with changing WiFi settings but they weren't sticking. All of a sudden I thought to reboot after making changes. It worked.

What kind of router are you right next to? Is it password protected?

7. pbcrazyboy macrumors member

the same thing happens to me. I used to be able to try to connect to my schools wifi but now it doesnt work. Do you guys know whats wrong? It has the first 3 numbers but the dns has 2 numbers under it with a comma inbetween

8. Yamato99 macrumors newbie

The same thing's been happening to me. It happened right after I downloaded the $20 update. I thought it was because of that, but now I'm not so sure. Did it start after downloading 1.1.3?

9. copperz thread starter macrumors member

copperz

nope, in fact i have 1.1.1 its jailbroken and it worked just fine, i left it out to charge overnight attached to the computer with usb. I noticed that when im in the main screen there is no signal (no bars) when i open an app. the bars are full. i dont know if that was happining before.