I put in 2 pre-orders at the AT&T Store and I seem to have a problem.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MickeyDaClamp, Jun 16, 2010.

1. MickeyDaClamp macrumors newbie

Good morning everyone,

Yesterday my girlfriend and I went to the AT&T store by us so we could pre-order the new iPhone. When we got there they were taking everything down manually on paper, but after being there for about an hour the systems went back up long enough to enter the orders through the computer. Well, we were ordering two iPhones (separate transactions, of course) as well as starting a FamilyTalk plan and everything seemed alright. We were there for about four hours (I know, a long time) but when we left everything was in order.

So, after we got home we checked our email and found one of the confirmation emails and went to check the status of that order and it was showing that it was "in progress." Yet, for the other order there was no confirmation email and the information I had on the receipt was not being found in AT&T's system. Fast forward to this morning and there is still nothing for the second order and putting in the home phone number only shows the one order

I did call AT&T yesterday to ask about it and the guy said that there were two orders for iPhones, but if that were the case wouldn't I be able to see both of them and not just one? I am just slightly concerned by this because of all the glitches and would be pissed that I spent 4 hours in a store to not get one of them.

Also, the orders were at 1:30 PM EST and 2:10 PM EST if that means anything.

Thanks for any help you could provide!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

There's no further help someone on an internet board can provide then what AT&T can do. Talking to them is really your only option.

3. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Goto the store or give them a call, thats pretty much your only options

4. MickeyDaClamp thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, true. I do need to contact AT&T about this problem. I do have one more question, though: when porting a number, if the original carrier has not responded yet would that put the order status in limbo, thus making it so I could not see the status online?