I read somewhere the iPhone 5 can take photos/Video simultaneously. Is this true?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HeyGreggie, Sep 17, 2012.

1. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

I havent seen any videos of this in action, but I'm curious if this is the case. I know theres an app [QuickPix] that does this, but it'd be nice to eliminate having multiple camera apps if the iphone 5 comes stock with this [as well as panoramic]. Can someone inform me?

2. steph280 macrumors member

It was mentioned at the Apple media event as part of the iOS6 feature. So it's on anything that runs iOS6, not just iPhone5.

3. mranderson930 macrumors member

Yes you can take a picture while recording

4. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Not necessarily. Older phones running on IOS 6 could be locked out of certain features. Not saying this is the case, here. Needs to be researched.

5. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

So we'll find out on the 19th when iOS 6 is released.

6. renesandy macrumors regular

renesandy

I don't think it can be done on any other device other than the 5. I actually have iOS 6 on my 4S and it cannot be done.

7. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

This is an iPhone 5 only feature. If you compare models on the apple site it lists it.

The 4S does get the panorama feature and it seems to have a quicker shutter speed than on iOS 5

8. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

I have iOS 6 on my 3gs and I see no way to take pictures during recording video.

9. davefromca macrumors 6502

I wonder if it will be seamless? Like I've had a few of these devices that can take a pic while taking video, well you take the pic, and when you watch the video, there is actually a freeze frame, or hesitation.