I really considered selling my iPad over Christmas, but after a lot of thought...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jamesryanbell, Dec 31, 2010.

1. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

It really does everything I want it to do. The cameras and form factor changes will be cool I'm sure, but there's no "glaring hole" to me. I like it. Hence, I'm avoiding latest and greatest syndrome for this new generation. Hope it's the right choice.

The initial plan was to own both.

Now I'm eyeing a MBA instead of the new iPad 2 (while keeping iPad 1).

Anyone in the same boat?

2. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

I got off that boat a few weeks ago and hopped onto the MBA ship. Still have my iPad, but it's usually hogged these days by my better half (primarily for watching video and playing the odd game or two). I spent a lot of time customizing my iPad with apps so that it can essentially do all of the productivity stuff I need. The form factor, 3G connectivity and battery life are amazing.

The problem is that it was like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. I'm sure time will take care of all and, in the iPad 3 or iPad 4 or whatever they decide to call it, we'll have a device that's thinner and lighter than the current iPad that can also run all of the typical productivity stuff with fewer compromises and a lot less fiddling. For now, the MBA 11 incher is a nice replacement. Almost as small of a footprint and it runs full OS X.

The iPad 2 probably won't make its way into my house (although I can't say the same about the iPhone 5 ...)

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm not exactly in the same situation as you, but I have both the older macbook air and iPad, and honestly I think I would rather have a desktop plus the iPad. The air is a good computer, but I find the iPad good enough for most things on the move and if I need something more, the air seems a little slow, but maybe the newer air will be better for heavier work.

4. slicecom macrumors 68020

I'm in the same boat. I have no interest in a camera on my iPad. The only reason I'll upgrade is if iPad 2 has a retina display, which doesn't seem too likely. I'm more interested in a redesigned MacBook Pro.