I really don't get it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LouisLivesLife, Oct 17, 2011.

1. LouisLivesLife macrumors regular

LouisLivesLife

So the iPhone 4s has been released for a couple of days now..at least that's the case for some countries.

I was just wondering, Why do some countries get to sell the new iPhone while others have to wait an additional 2 weeks? I don't really care, 11 days from now I'll be having one as well but to me it"s a little unfair.

2. Zincous macrumors 6502

They can only make so many iPhones. They make as many as they can in time for launch and go with the biggest countries sales wise to start off in, and they figure in a couple more weeks, they will have made enough to be able to keep up with demand and launch the iPhone in other countries as well.

3. synagence macrumors 6502a

Market priority vs supply constraints.

Apple will roll out to the top 4 or 5 markets initially purely because they can logistically satisfy day 1 demand (kind of) for the device

As supply chain ramps up and manufacturing ramps they start rolling out subsequent markets

No other reasons most likely as basically they want to make sure they have a reasonable supply for each rollout country on day 1, even if everyone who wants one can't get one (as is the case)

4. LouisLivesLife thread starter macrumors regular

LouisLivesLife

Cheers man, btw. are satisfied with the new iPhone? Planning on getting the same model :)