I really fooking hate my verizon LTE speed in Cleveland, oh

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gnarl, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Gnarl macrumors newbie

I only get around 6 Mbps, why is it so sh(I)tty?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Because Verizon is putting more resources in to Pittsburgh's even worse LTE at the moment.

3. ihonda macrumors 68000

AT&T in Cleveland gets 26-32.. I was shocked beyond belief.

4. Gnarl thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow ... And I was purposely avoiding AT&T. Man I was so looking forward to some double digits and here I am stuck in LTE infancy...:(

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'm getting double digit download speeds with AT&T in Pittsburgh on my 4S. Maybe it's time to jump ship.

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

They're still good speeds for browsing the web, checking emails, streaming videos and so on. Looking at the numbers doesn't really mean that much. My cousins have internet that is more than twice the speed of mine, but they both feel the same when using it.

Better than what you would've gotten on Verizon 3G, if you look at it that way.

7. kevinbomb123 macrumors member

8. Gnarl thread starter macrumors newbie

That's true. It is blazing fast as it is. It's just that need for some raw specs I guess

9. cardsdoc macrumors 6502

I'm in Cleveland and have found LTE speed is highly variable depending on signal strength and time of day. I can get anywhere between 5-20 down and 4-13 up.

10. bisnicks macrumors regular

I'm in the Akron/ Canton area and I just got 20.89 down and 11.28 up yesterday. After doing a few tests, the speeds dropped to about 3 down, 5 up. It did this consistently. I believe it may have been throttled since it was the same thing over and over. I haven't even used a GB of data this month though so I don't think I'm amongst the top 5%.

11. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

Weather
    Sports Teams
    Now the Internet?

Nothing works well in Cleveland!

Just kidding ... I am in Atlanta but was born in Akron. Sorry to hear about the inconsistent web speeds. Hopefully speeds there get better soon!