Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area
I bought a refurb C (2.13/128SSD) the middle of last month. As I was considering if I was going to do this and what I was going to do, I posed a question here whether I'd notice the difference between the SSD rev C and the HDD rev A.

A few posters commented that I would. I thought it when I got the C and started to use it. I really noticed the difference recently though as I was ready-ing my A for shipping to the purchaser. I powered up the A and checked out a few things to still make sure things were working just fine. Of course they were, but that is when I really noticed the difference in performance of the two MBAs. The difference in even the routine day to day stuff I do with it is pretty amazing indeed!

Clearly an awesome choice that I'm very, very happy with it. I only had once minor issue with my refurb C. After I had it about a week, I noticed one of the keys had a cracked piece out of it on the very front of the command key on the left side. I was surprised I did not notice it at first since I really went over this thing when I got it, but one trip to the Apple store and they popped the broken key off and replaced it with a good one. Problem solved and I'm a happy customer...and very happy with my new MBA.

Thanks for the comments here that helped me decide!

Mactagonist

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2008
NYC - Manhattan
The stock Apple SSD isnt the best performer, but even that makes a huge difference when compared to the iPod sized HDD in the Air.

Glad you like it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.