I really want an iTouch 2g. Are there any special deals that I'm not aware of?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bobthebanana, Sep 11, 2008.

1. bobthebanana macrumors newbie

Since I'm a student, it was my intention to purchase a $999 Macbook and get the iTouch 2g with a $200 rebate and then sell the Macbook on eBay or Craigslist. However those dreams were dashed when I found out the "Back to School" deal doesn't apply to the September 9 iPods. Is there some other deal that I don't know about or will I have to pay full price for a 2g?

2. erikislame macrumors newbie

No, no deals.

If you do ending up getting the 1g ipod touch and selling it and then buying a 2g touch you're getting amazingly boring feats like:

- A stupid quiet internal speaker
    - A slightly thinner unit
    - Physical volume control buttons.
    - Nike+ receiver built in

You still have to buy Nike+ crap to work with it, you just have one less dongle.

3. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F138 Safari/525.20)

I'm not aware of any deals either. But usually mac mall or other online sellers is sell them a bit cheaper than everyone else.

4. Doodledoo macrumors regular

Yes, there's a secret deal you qualify for when you don't call it an iTouch you dunderpate! God, that bastardization of the word is one of the two things that make me want to buy a gun - for the record, the other one is the idea that Sarah Palin might eventually be president. But I digress.

IT'S AN iPOD TOUCH NOT AN iTOUCH OKAY? EVERYBODY TAKE NOTE, I SWEAR TO GOD, PEOPLE, LEARN TO READ! AARGH.

5. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Go take your medication. Really weird.

6. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

maybe it's just a pet peeve. nothing else.

to OP: just came out, you're not getting any deals on it. just get it if you really want it that bad.

7. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Brilliance in a post...truly

8. MissyFaulkner macrumors newbie

he he, these forums are always good fun! i bought a new touch 32gb yesterday after noon at The Bargain Hunter and got it at about 10 this morning. Freight was about $9 and saved me $20 all up i think and a trip into town.

here's a link if anyone wants it. i was going to use the Apple store but figure $20 is $20.. can't wait to get some of the new Apps!

http://www.thebargainhunter.net.au/c/127047/1/ipods.html

9. bobthebanana thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the help guys

looks like i'll just pay retail at a local apple store for my ITOUCH