General I really want to use hand off for my iphone and ipad but it does not work

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by FatPuppy, Apr 25, 2015.

1. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

I have a 5s and a mini 2 so performance is not a problem. They are both connected to the same wifi and have bluetooth activated but hand off does not work. Apps don't appear on the lockscreen on both devices, only mail and safari show up in the multitasking view and 3rd party apps don't work at all. I thought that hand off is when I open an app like Flipboard, Twitter or even a game, and than I pick the other device and start using from where I've left of. Also, the devices can't maintain a stable connection between them (when I, somehow, make the mail and safari apps work). Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to turn on other things? Do I need a faster wifi connection? Because I have a 60 mbps connection on wifi and 200 with the cable but that is off the question with these 2 devices.

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

At this time, handoff only works with certain Mac apps like Safari, Notes, and Mail etc.

3. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Yes, My Safari and Mail work fine. Don't use Notes. :apple:

4. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

And, I've noticed that Handoff isn't activated unless you're actively editing a note or email on one of the devices. I'm assuming Handoff only works when you're in "creation/editing" mode, so Flipboard wouldn't work anyway as there is nothing to create or edit.