I really wanted to buy iPhone X but I can't get over the notch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by redgreenski, Sep 17, 2017.

1. redgreenski macrumors regular

Currently on iPhome 7plus and I really wanted the new iPhone with OLED display. But I am really bothered by the notch. I feel like I would regret spending $1000 for a phone that has something that bothers me.

2. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

There are plenty of ongoing threads about the notch itself, not to mention threads about people not getting the iPhone X for any number of reasons. And these threads are all on the first page of the forum. Why not post in one of the ongoing threads, instead of creating your own?

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

The mods need to create a notch sticky so all of the complainers can meet in one big thread.

5. vipergts2207 macrumors 68020

vipergts2207

Nobody forced you to click on a thread that clearly has negative feedback, based simply on the title.

6. cableguy84 macrumors 65816

cableguy84

The notch is an eyesore, how did the design team allow it to be included? It's a mystery to me

7. MH01 Suspended

MH01

The notch is designed to tell you on which side the camera bump is. Feature :p

8. bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

Great idea! It'd be like a support group for those whose lives are so empty that this is what they choose to complain about.

9. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Still don’t need to clutter up the forum. Have one sticky where everyone can discuss the notch. Or one where people can throw their 2¢ in why they are/aren’t getting one of the new phones.

10. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Really?

So your standards and priorities are what everyone should be judging what matters in life by?

11. Flopstar macrumors member

Flopstar

Though I'm not getting a new phone anytime soon anyway, the notch always annoys me when I look at pictures of the X.  really should perfect this; The X does not quite hold up to their outstanding design standards because of this.

12. eyedoc2020 macrumors regular

The notch in the X reminds me of this time I wanted to date this girl. She was nice but had a jacked up face. I decided to pass...

13. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

I can't believe the notch bothers people that much. I'm not thrilled about how they've chosen to shape the software around it but just looking at the home screen with the notch, it doesn't bother me a bit.

14. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

I don't really see why anyone with a 7 Plus needs to upgrade this year. Notch or not, is your phone lacking to the point when you need to spend $1000 on a replacement?

15. MH01 Suspended

MH01

And a placeholder thread for whatever "gate" we get this time , real or perceived :p

16. MaciMac100 macrumors 6502

If I had iPhone X, I would use that pure black wallpaper that is in iOS 11. That would at least hide notch in homescreen and bring up great contrast OLED's have.

17. Seth Matthews macrumors 6502

Seth Matthews

I agree. I have had every iPhone. I get the new one every year. This will be the first time I haven't bought the flagship. I went with the 8+ 256gb. Why? Two reasons: I don't like how the form factor of the X is smaller...I like the Plus size, and I absolutely can't stand the notch. Hugh mistake on Apple's part.

My hope is that next year, they will introduce a version that is the size of the plus, all OLED screen, with no notch. The notch can be there, but the screen needs to end and be straight underneath it. If not, I will continue with the Plus size phones.

18. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

But do we really need a new thread about the notch every single day?

19. TinaBelcher macrumors 6502a

This. And it's even bigger than the 8 plus. Plus camera st least look good

20. lenard macrumors 6502

Boy, sorry to hear that you feel that way, but on the other hand, that will just be one less order in my way when I order my lovely iPhone X 256GB........I love the notch, might even purchase a bag of natches on delivery day.....lol

21. dominiongamma macrumors 68000

i hate how it's vertical, horizontal looks better !

22. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

They do not know it but the 8+ is the real flagship. Largest screen of all of them.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 17, 2017 ---
    No one forced you to reply but you could not resist. :p

23. AyeKay15 macrumors member

AyeKay15

Every time I see the word notch I think of the song "Swimming Pools" by Kendrick Lamar

24. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

I’d have have stickies: one for Face ID, one for the notch and one for all those who aren’t upgrading, going android or whatever.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 17, 2017 ---
    Since when does screen size define flagship?