I recant my bitching about Sprint

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sk1wbw, Sep 13, 2012.

1. sk1wbw macrumors 68040

sk1wbw

I'm not sure what happened today, but in the past I've reset network settings and dialed the ##873283# number to update and it never worked. I've been stuck at about .3 download and .0000000002 upload speeds.

But today, tech support told me to do it again and I just don't know what happened. I know these speeds ain't that great, but hell. I'll take them!

[​IMG]
    Sprint 3G new speeds by ctt1wbw, on Flickr

2. Mr Hill macrumors 6502

3. sk1wbw thread starter macrumors 68040

sk1wbw

Yeah, I'm told that's about inline with typical 3G speeds for the 3G standard?

4. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

That's about all you'll get out of Sprint's CDMA (3G) network. And I'm impressed that you're getting that.

Verizon's 3G isn't much better.

5. sk1wbw thread starter macrumors 68040

sk1wbw

I'm about 13 miles outside of Jacksonville, NC. Out in the country, so to speak. I'll try it again today when I go to work in Jacksonville and see if it's any better.

But I'm very happy to say the least. I can finally use my damned iPhone on Sprint's 3G network. Before, I couldn't even download a game on Words With Friends or check the App Store for updates.

6. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Those are as good as what i get now on Verizon and TBH they are better then about 1/2 of the times i have checked on Verizon.

I so can not wait for LTE, i live in the greater Cincinnati area and from what i can see on the verizon map we have pretty good LTE coverage.

7. sk1wbw thread starter macrumors 68040

sk1wbw

I can't get an answer from Sprint about LTE coming to Jacksonville yet. I'd LOVE to have LTE. From what I've seen on other's Speedtest readings, LTE is 2 to 3 times faster than my wifi at my house.

8. remlover macrumors newbie

I have heard nothing but bad about Sprints 3G service, but my question is, can you at least stream music through pandora or whatever cloud app I would use?

9. sk1wbw thread starter macrumors 68040

sk1wbw

Before today, no. After today, I probably could. Not sure as I haven't tried it yet.

Edit... I'm streaming my SiriusXM on 3G now.

10. baummer macrumors 6502a

Looks like Jacksonville is underway, as are a bunch of other cities as of 9/10: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/...s-a-4g-lte-city-list-where-work-is-under-way/

Specific notes on Jacksonville from 6/26: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/...network-visionlte-deployment-schedule-update/

11. sk1wbw thread starter macrumors 68040

sk1wbw

Nah, that's Jacksonville Florida. I'm in North Carolina.

And I recant my former recant of Sprint. I'm back down to .02 download speeds. I'm on Verizon right now. Waiting.

12. Meanee macrumors 6502a

Good luck achieving similar speeds in crowded places. In NYC, Sprint's 3G is fairly close to unusable.