Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dapa0s

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 2, 2019
So I just got the Smart Folio in a completely unique color haha. I really wasn't expecting this.

I ordered it straight from the Apple website and it just arrived today, and I was a bit confused. I ordered the cactus color, but it came in a very bleached green, light blue color, kinda teal-ish (sorry, I'm not good at describing colors).

It's definitely not cactus or surf blue, and I think it's the "Cornflower" color they sell for some other iPads. but not the iPad Pro.

What do you guys think? Did I win the golden ticket? Is Tim Apple himself gonna give me a call?

Attachments

• 82CB0514-FE5D-481A-81DB-24A43285175C.jpg
    82CB0514-FE5D-481A-81DB-24A43285175C.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 3,631
  • 6533F592-6394-4FED-BA2A-0CA7A3595D24.jpg
    6533F592-6394-4FED-BA2A-0CA7A3595D24.jpg
    471.2 KB · Views: 758
Reactions: tripleburst

jrodri7

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2019
I've seen posts here and Reddit that the color looks different depending on the light and angle, anywhere from blue to teal, I have even seen photos from different angles, including close to the color your photo shows here. I think it is entertaining to say the least!

Reactions: dapa0s

dapa0s

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 2, 2019
I've seen posts here and Reddit that the color looks different depending on the light and angle, anywhere from blue to teal, I have even seen photos from different angles, including close to the color your photo shows here. I think it is entertaining to say the least!

Lol, who would have thought that this is such an issue?

I'm now thinking whether I should keep it or return it to Apple. On one hand, the color is basically unique, on the other hand, I don't like it as much as I do the real cactus green one.

brumi1024

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2017
So I just got the Smart Folio in a completely unique color haha. I really wasn't expecting this.

I ordered it straight from the Apple website and it just arrived today, and I was a bit confused. I ordered the cactus color, but it came in a very bleached green, light blue color, kinda teal-ish (sorry, I'm not good at describing colors).

It's definitely not cactus or surf blue, and I think it's the "Cornflower" color they sell for some other iPads. but not the iPad Pro.

What do you guys think? Did I win the golden ticket? Is Tim Apple himself gonna give me a call?

Have you seen another cactus case IRL? Because mine is exactly the same color as yours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.