I received the iPod touch 8GB 3G for the Back to School Promo

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by baconmacNcheese, Sep 15, 2009.

1. baconmacNcheese macrumors newbie

Will I receive the rebate since I paid $229 for it when they are selling for $199 now. If I don't I will call Apple and ask them.

My second question is should I keep this iPod touch or should I sell it? If it were 2G I would have sold it, but since it's the 3G, I'm not so sure. I was thinking I could sell this and use the money to buy the new nano. What would you do?

BTW: I ordered my first ever MacBook Pro on Sept 8, the last day for the promo.

2. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Good idea

They're the same thing...they didn't change the 8GB

3. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

You will probably get the $229, because you got it as a deal for that geneation of iPod touch. And the 8gb 2G and 8gb 3G are the same. It just got a price drop. Only the high end models got the upgrade.
    And I keep it. But if you are tight on money, sell it.

4. baconmacNcheese thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm. I wonder what would have happened if I bought the 16GB touch. Would it have been upgraded to the 32GB? :p Guess we may never know...

5. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...if the 8GB 2g and 3g are the same, how does the OP know he got a 3g iPod touch:confused::D:confused:

6. baconmacNcheese thread starter macrumors newbie

Good point. I'm pretty sure this is the 3G because it has the Voice Memos icon on the packaging sticker, which the 2G didn't have (I had a 2G) and on the back of the iPod touch casing, it says that it requires iTunes 9.

7. baconmacNcheese thread starter macrumors newbie

Wasn't charged for the new iPod

I checked the Apple Order Status Details and it shows that I wasn't charged for the iPod! Now I don't have to worry about the rebate. I think it's just great that it shows the iPod's price as $0.00. Haha :D

8. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

They still have many in stock probably. Because the refurb store has them for sale. It would be very rare to get a 3G.

9. pakaveli macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to me. I ordered on the last day of the promo (Sept. 8th), and did not get charged for the iPod. I wonder what will happen if I try sending the rebate in :D

10. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...is a federal offense in the USA = mail fraud... didn't you watch the movie "The Firm" :D

11. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

I own a blackberry, but I also like the iPhone (shock horror!:D), but couldnt live without the features of my berry...so I figured the next best thing to the iPhone for me would be the touch..

So I got the 8gb tough on BTS promo, but quite honestly, I didnt feel the memory was big enough for me and I probably wouldnt have much use for the apps etc plus I didnt want to spend the extra on a 16gb since the rebate amount was the same as the 8gb:confused:.

another thing was, something was always drawing me to the 4G Nano's, I liked the fact they are so incredibly small but had a host of features.

So what did I do? I returned it thats what!:D and exchanged for the tiny and stylish 4G 16GB Nano.

...then ofcourse, the feature packed 5G Nano got released a few weeks after... So what did I do? got sucked in by all the good reviews written about it on here and other sites, thats what:rolleyes::). So I sold my 4G and bought the newer 5G...and I love it.