I recentyl upgraded/unlocked 2.1, now itunes 7.7 is telling me upgrade to itunes 8

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by joflite, Feb 4, 2009.

1. joflite macrumors newbie

I need help because it took me about 12 hours just to succesfully unlock from my old 1.14 firmware and now that I have done it I cant sync using itunes 7.7. How do I go about syncing my iphone? Will it brick my phone if I do uograde to 8.0? or is there anything else I can do? thanks

2. mohicanspap macrumors regular

There shouldnt be any problem upgrading itunes that will cause your iphone to brick.

3. joflite thread starter macrumors newbie

I recentyl upgraded/unlocked 2.1, now itunes 7.7 is telling me upgrade to itunes 8

so if I upgrade to itunes 8.0 my phone will brick? After it bricks how do i go about getting it back unlocked and able to sync?

4. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

No, it WON'T brick.

Just upgrade your iTunes. It won't tell you to do anything extra. Its an iTunes upgrade, not an iPhone upgrade.

5. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

I've actually stuck with 7.7.1 all this time. Works fine, doesn't have that useless Genius feature, and is the only version that can flash all firmwares from 1.1.4 to 2.2.1 to a first-gen. Plus, I can use it to revert to 1.1.4 if I get sick of 2.x :)