Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone' started by galaksy, Jul 2, 2014.
Years ago I think I just dragged it from voice memo to playlists but I dont think it works now?
With the iPhone connected to your computer, go to iTunes then select the iPhone. You'll see a choice to sync voice memos under the music tab.
I did, but the voice memo section on the left is only showing the older voice memos and not the ones that I recorded recently.
You recorded the new memos with the "stock" Apple Voice Memos app? And you checked the Voice Memos "playlist" in iTunes but the new ones are missing?
Making certain that there is a check mark in the Sync Voice Memos box, backup your iPhone to iTunes using a cable. Before backing up, you must also put a check mark in the Voice Memo box under Genres on the same Music tab. After backup is complete, check to see if newer voice memos now show in iTunes. This has always worked for me.
Please post your progress.
under Genres under the same music tab
I dont know where that is. Could you post a screenshot?
Hope this helps.
I've had occasional issues with syncing voice memos, so I stopped doing it via iTunes. I snagged iFunBox to save them to the desktop. Those that I really need to put back on my iPhone or even iPad I drop into iTunes and reclass as an audiobook so they don't end up mixed into my music.
it's a tad convoluted but it works for me.
This screwiness is why I agree with the idea of dumping the voice memos as a separate app and putting the functions into the Notes app. They are notes after all, just audio ones.
This fixed it for me after an hour of frustration. THANK YOU!
You're very welcome. It's nice to know it helped somebody, especially since the OP never bothered to confirm.
Can I get help with Voice Memos Please?
I used my 5S's "voice memos" app to record a lecture in class this week. I want to put the voice memos in a play list so I can listen to the lecture again, and revise my notes. I want to be able to listen to it like an audio book so I can pause it, backup 15 sec, etc.
When I sync my phone to iTunes the file transfers just fine. I see it under the music tab in iTunes. I can even add it to a playlist in iTunes. When I sync my phone the file does not sync to the playlist. The file is only found on my phone in the voice memos app.
Under phone summary tab- only box checked is
(Sync only checked songs and video) and, yes the file has a check beside it under the music tab.
Under phone music tab- the following boxes are checked
(Select playlists, artists, albums, and genres)
(Include voice memo)
(all playlist are checked)
(audiobook, spoken word, voice memo)
What am I doing wrong?
I tried switching the genre of the file to "audiobook" but that didn't help anything.
Any one have any ideas?
medicapt: I was having the exact same problem tonight and just figured it out after struggling WAAAAY too long....
In iTunes, in your music list, right click on the voice memo file you want. Click "Get Info". Select "Options" tab. Change the "media kind" using the drop down menu from "Voice Memo" to "Music" (or "Audiobook" depending on how you want it filed on your phone). Then when you sync your phone, it should show up. Hope that helps!
Epicee, thanks for your response. This seems to work about 90% of the time. The other 10%, well... I guess I'll have to use the work around charlituna suggested.