Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
I thought AppleCare plus replaced the previous AppleCare. I think I paid $80 AU.

You should have gotten an email regarding your AppleCare service, read it. I know in the USA and Canada AppleCare + is $99 and just AppleCare is $79 . AppleCare + covers 2 accidental coverages plus a $49 deductible but only AppleCare just give you an extra year on defects ,so 2 years total instead of one on both cares

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
You should have gotten an email regarding your AppleCare service, read it. I know in the USA and Canada AppleCare + is $99 and just AppleCare is $79 . AppleCare + covers 2 accidental coverages plus a $49 deductible but only AppleCare just give you an extra year on defects ,so 2 years total instead of one on both cares
Ah noooo! It looks like I got the wrong one. Gah. It hasn't been thirty days yet, can I still apply the AppleCare plus even though I've registered the other one?

Ecoh

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2009
USA
You can get Apple Care Plus anytime in the first 30 days. Call Apple and they will help you switch plans.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
Ah noooo! It looks like I got the wrong one. Gah. It hasn't been thirty days yet, can I still apply the AppleCare plus even though I've registered the other one?
Most likely you can, either they will cancel that one and refund you, then you can get the care plus or maybe just pay the difference

Jackintosh

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2009
I didn't think AppleCare+ was available in Australia. I hope it is, though, mate. You'd still qualify within 30 days.

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
You can get Apple Care Plus anytime in the first 30 days. Call Apple and they will help you switch plans.
Most likely you can, either they will cancel that one and refund you, then you can get the care plus or maybe just pay the difference
I didn't think AppleCare+ was available in Australia. I hope it is, though, mate. You'd still qualify within 30 days.
All right! Thanks guys, I'll give them a ring soon :)

Tharian

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2009
I believe AppleCare + is USA only right now. I hope I am wrong but I doubt I am. In any event, good luck resolving your situation and enjoy the iPad!

-d

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.