I Reserved Two iPads, What If My Friend Coming With Me Wants One, Too?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MICHAELSD, Apr 2, 2010.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Well, I reserved two iPads (one for me and one that is selling on eBay at the moment, PM me if you're interested btw
    ;)). My friend will be coming with me and waiting in line to play around with the demo models. He's undecided if he wants an iPad or not, though he has the money. If he decides to buy one, too, when it's my turn, will he be able to buy an iPad at the same time that I pick up my reserved iPads?

2. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

Only if he has a reservation (which I'm guessing he doesn't).

He would have to go in the non-reservation line.

3. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Yeah, he doesn't have a reservation. Damn, I'm pretty sure there would be a much better chance that he would buy one, too, if he could just buy it when I go up to pick up my reserved iPads.

4. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Just sell your second one to your friend.

Mark it up 30% atleast though to make it worth your time.

5. Doju macrumors 68000

You could always be a good friend and let him buy the second reserved one?

6. diabolic macrumors 68000

I don't think tomorrow is the best day to assume he'll be able to play around with one and then make up his mind.

As chaotic as the store will be, I'd imagine they won't be letting people browse around and play with the iPads, slowing down the lines.

7. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I just called my local store and they said that I will be able to upgrade my 16GB model to another one if I chose to do so. Different scenario, but shows that it's not written in stone, so at worse case I'd have my friend give me the money and I buy 3. Sure they'd let you do that.

8. paulisme macrumors 6502

This.

9. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I have an eBay auction going on the second one. Right now. It would be nice to be able to buy three, but I thought that the preorder limit was two? He's undecided about the iPad, anyway, but I will try to convince him to buy one if it won't be too annoying to try to do.

10. gopherhockey macrumors regular

gopherhockey

Limits are put in place so people don't keep selling em' off on eBay and making a profit while others wait in line for one (many not getting one)

Should have been a limit one the first time around IMHO.

11. RebelRed macrumors member

That's cool. I got the 32g one and am so tempted to drop the $100 for the 64g one if I was allowed too. I mean, for the first $100 you just get 16g, for the second $100 it's like 50% off. :)