I restores my 4 and have no att sim how can I unlock it so I can use t mobile

ineedabin2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2011
my kid tried to upgrade her Iphone 4 that I bought on CL it was setup for att and she tried to fix it and went on itunes and restored it , so now it is in restore at 5.0 and upgraded and cannot do anything without a att sim , can i ACTIVATE IT it without a sim card in cydia or something ,I have been reading for 2 days now and everything on utube either sends me to a pay link of is not set for my phone or does not work ,I believe the phone is on 4.3.5 firmware .any help would greatful . by the way she done this to 2 of the phones I bought for my twins for Christmas ,I also bought one for myself and have another issue which I willl post in new thread . thanks

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
my kid tried to upgrade her Iphone 4 that I bought on CL it was setup for att and she tried to fix it and went on itunes and restored it , so now it is in restore at 5.0 and upgraded and cannot do anything without a att sim , can i ACTIVATE IT it without a sim card in cydia or something ,I have been reading for 2 days now and everything on utube either sends me to a pay link of is not set for my phone or does not work ,I believe the phone is on 4.3.5 firmware .any help would greatful . by the way she done this to 2 of the phones I bought for my twins for Christmas ,I also bought one for myself and have another issue which I willl post in new thread . thanks
Base on your post, your daughter has restore with Itunes which it has 5.0.1 baseband 04.11 on it. With this current firmware & baseband, you can not unlock it at all, this is including Gevy sim.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
you also lost the ability to downgrade firmware and of course baseband is not down gradable. You are sol for a while. Somebody deserves a grounding! :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.