I saved a lot of photos from my iPhone to the iPhoto app but don't know where it is

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iPhoto, Jan 13, 2015.

1. iPhoto, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2015

iPhoto macrumors newbie

I want to access the photos now but I don't know where to look for.

(I can see it in iPhoto but I want to upload it to Google + and don't know where to find the picture files)

2. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Easiest is to temporarily export to a desktop folder, upload from there and delete afterwards?

I use Aperture and luckily there is a Picasa upload plugin that works directly but anywhere there isn't a plugin, the above is the method I use...

3. iPhoto thread starter macrumors newbie

What if you don't have aperture?

Someone told me right click on iPhoto and go to package and then I can find my pictures there but I'm not finding it anywhere.

4. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

A short search in the iPhoto File menu reveals "Export" there too....:rolleyes:

You should also be able to right click and "show contents" on the iPhoto Library file and you can navigate the library and find your images if you know the date.

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

You can end up corrupting your iPhoto Library by doing that, and losing photos as a result. Just open iPhoto, drag and drop the photos that you want to upload to the Desktop, and upload them from there.