I saw a 15" MacBook Pro Retina pre-16 at the coffee shop today

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thadoggfather, Dec 28, 2016.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Person sitting right on top of me,

granted I'm used to rMBP 13" pre-2016 and now nTB 13", but 15" looked like a dino

the 15" in store TB 2016 looked sleek

maybe cause his was all beat up looking, literally 10 million files on desktop, and seemingly still on Mavs since skeumorphic'd out

(bar top setting coffee shop)

no disrepect to people who just got 2015's or earlier, it still looked fantastic, but now like a blast from the past though not at all since it is still modern

2. acorntoy macrumors 6502a

Love my 2015 15' favorite part about it is the air intake vents, they look extremely nice. For some reason though my favorite design is 2009-2011 though, it's fat as hell but for some reason I love it. Haven't seen a TB model yet, although my brother got a ntb 13' for christmas while my dad got a 2015 13' (needs USB), I have to say the thinner design looks better, but I far prefer the silver computers to the "space gray" (just make it freaking black like the iPhone 5).

3. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Agreed on vents being superior on classic retinas.

The new vents feel sharp and abrupt I like the non unibody separating lines too around the vents

Glad nTb doesn't have side vents

also I've gotten used to it like on my 12" MB, but I prefer no branding on the front :D thought it was classier, and not bound to the font of the time,

4. acorntoy macrumors 6502a

I like the branding, IDK why, maybe it's strictly in my head but I just feel like the generation with the branding had more class.