I say they should, do you?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andyx3x, Feb 1, 2012.

1. billycuth macrumors 6502a

2. cynics macrumors G3

This again. Labor laws in certain countries are down right scarey especially when it comes down to child labor.

The problem is it not just apple. And a lot of big manufactures refuse to get stuff or have built in countries that support this.

I'd gladly pay more for a product that doesn't participate in this activity. But that's nearly if not completely impossible. Even certain ores used in manufacturing have to come from somewhere. Sometimes that place is only in a certain part of the world that has terrible labor laws. And unlike in the free world these workers can't just find a new job.

I'd love to have a QUALITY American made iPhone even at a premium but that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

3. cynics macrumors G3

To continue. If any manufacture came out and said "we do not support this" it would put them high on my "to buy" list whether it being apple, windows phone or android. But no one does and even if the device is assembled in a place with good labor laws that doesn't mean the material used in manufacturing wasn't.

4. elistan macrumors 6502a

Google "monkeysphere." Seriously. :) I don't have time to explain, but it goes into the answer to your "why" question.

Second - where's the love for American workers? Think about the folks that died in the Upper Big Branch coal mine and the Deep Water Horizon platform the past couple years. (I guess the difference is that electricity and oil are considerd vital to the nation, while iPhones are mere luxury items?)