I say we tear down the Kaaba and build a church, synagogue, or shopping mall.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DearthnVader, Jul 21, 2016.

1. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaaba

Since Muslims seem to like to build mosques on the holiest site in another man's religion, or as a symbol of their conquering other people's lands. I say the next time some Muslim extremist goes of and kills a bunch of Westerners, we destroy the Masjid al-Ḥarām , tear down the Kaaba, and build something in it's place.

2. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Seems like a quick way to start a religious war, no?

3. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors regular

DearthnVader

Seems like we're already in a religious war to me.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

5. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

The moment violence is laid, it's certainly a war.

Christianity states "do unto others how you would have them do unto you", but in this day and age so many have already done unto others such wrongdoing that others want to do the same in return, as reaction, to show those who committed the action of how sinful/wrong/rude/whatever they are. Does that ever end well? :(

6. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors regular

DearthnVader

That's exactly what IS would like to do, tear down the Eiffel Tower and build a mosque in it's place, but we wouldn't hear other Muslims complaining to stop them.

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Why the **** would anyone think this is a good idea?

8. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

No offense, but you sound absolutely infantile.

Also, thanks for reminding me how beautiful the Kaaba is! <3

9. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

These air-conditioned tents in Saudi Arabia accommodate 3 million people and are empty except for a few days during the hajj. Yet Saudi, along with Kuwait, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates, refuses to take in any Syrian refugees.

[​IMG]

10. Scepticalscribe, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

An insane, intolerant and horrible proposal, historically illiterate, politically nihilistic, and contemptuous of the rich fabric of the wider cultural heritage of humanity.

On a par with a famous telegram (and yes, a spot of Godwinning, but historically justified in the circumstances) which asked "Brennt Paris?" which - translated - asked "Is Paris burning?"

11. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors regular

DearthnVader

I don't think it's a good idea, I think it's a barbaric practice, however I don't hear anyone calling out for the Muslims to give back the Temple Mount?

12. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

I don't think I share many, if any at all, views with you but this - regardless these tents - is one thing that is just horrible. It's a shame our countries do too much business over there so not one single word is said about this while we face serious inner problems that come along with helping out refugees and giving the far right almost a free pass.

edit: not to misunderstood: I fully welcome those that flee their country because of good reason, but I doubt that half as many muslims would come if they could find refuge in another, extremely wealthy at that, muslim country.

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Most of those countries are tiny. And Saudi Arabia hardly has a lot of water. That said the Saudis could do more.

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

When did stupid **** you'd expect to hear on the playground become mainstream thought for low information voters?

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

There's been a mosque there for a thousand years.

16. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

The OP's choice of thread title would be considered clickbait if it appeared in the opinion section of a news site. Not that any reponsible site would put up such a title.

A suggestion to destroy any religion's central historical landmark is vile.

17. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors regular

DearthnVader

And before that, there was a church, and before that.... we all know damn good and well that the Jewish Temple was on the hill first, and the the Jews face it to Pray, so don't act like it's not the same thing.

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If we are judging Muslims for their behaviour over the last 1500 years Christians must take a lot of blame for the holocaust and crusades etc.

19. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors regular

DearthnVader

Is there a Christian church on that hill?

20. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

About the time the Republicans thought Sarah Palin was a viable VP choice.

21. BernyMac macrumors regular

BernyMac

They don't want to take chances with any potential terrorists. I don't blame them.

22. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I have to say that the thread title, the original post as penned by the OP, the vile concept it gives voice to, and the offensive and insulting posts - such as the one posted above - all suggest to me that this is a hate filled view of the world and something of a troll thread.

The thread title and core concept are more than just clickbait; this is lighting matches with the malicious glee of a vindictive toddler, and just about as intellectually vacuous.

23. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

At one point, pre-vetting, Palin made a lot of sense. She was relatively young and a woman, providing a balance to McCain as an older man, and neutralizing the potential Clinton nomination. She was a conservative, which would have given McCain space to return to the pre-2000 Maverick. She was from Alaska, and thus far enough outside that there wasn't a lot of negative media floating around.

It really made sense.

What the vetting should have caught, on the other hand, leaves you shaking your head.

Edit: Back on topic, this raises the question of what the response would be to a terrorist act again the Kaaba. Frankly I'm surprised we haven't seen either a Western group try something like that in retaliation or someone like ISIS run a false flag to cement their legitimacy as the faith militant.

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So what if there is or isn't?

25. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

You were talking about the Kaaba, not the Eiffel Tower. And ISIS would get along quite well with your ideas since they mostly target Muslim sites for destruction.