I scheduled my Mac to start at 11 pm to download a file but it can't because.........

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mhrjimmy, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Mhrjimmy macrumors newbie

Because it stops at login screen. I removed the password too but even though I need to at least press enter to proceed at the start up. Is there any thing I can do. Please help

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Do you mean you are asking your Mac to start from off?

If so, that won't work, it needs to be on, and your power settings need to be set to " Wake for network access"

If it's off, it's off...Macs are great,but they can't power themselves in without us humans pushing the power button!

3. Mhrjimmy thread starter macrumors newbie

But I did, by going to system preference and display and scheduled it to start at 11pm. And it does starts but the problem is ,it won't download because I need to need the password( which is probably blank)

----------

But I did, by going to system preference and display and scheduled it to start at 11pm. And it does starts but the problem is ,it won't download because I need to enter the password( which is probably blank)

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Go into security settings and make sure require password is unchecked...it's not something I'd advise but if you know the folks in the place you live then you should be fine....that's your user account you are changing btw

5. snorkelman macrumors 6502a

snorkelman

Preferences
    Users and Groups
    Login Options down near the bottom left of that window
    click the padlock icon to unlock the settings
    choose 'automatic login' for your user account

what app have you set up to automatically download the file?

6. Mhrjimmy thread starter macrumors newbie

Torrent

7. snorkelman macrumors 6502a

snorkelman

from what I can see uTorrent automatically adds itself to 'login items', so above automatic login changes should be all you need