I scratched the back of my iPad 2 :( So SAD!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LanEvo, Jul 24, 2011.

1. LanEvo macrumors 6502

:( And I don't even know how I did it, inspected the back, and saw a thin line :(
    First one always hurts, after that its w/e.

2. gatearray macrumors 65816

BLUES!

Still, if that's the worst thing that happens to you today, consider yourself lucky. :)

3. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Put a film on it. you'll never know it's there. Bodyguardz on mine, no complaints.

4. Ijustfarted macrumors regular

5. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I think I would get skins for mine if that happened to me. A scratched back is a lot easier to deal with than dented sides... or a cracked screen.

6. kim2272 macrumors regular

kim2272

I agree! I used to freak out all the time when I got scratches on material things. After surviving cancer, insignificant things like that don't seem to bother me as much. :)

7. HunterG macrumors newbie

Better than on the front right? :D I got a small scratch on the front a couple of months ago and just about died. Oh well, lesson learned for me. :)

8. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

I agree go for a skin I recommend SGP there awesome! Glad to hear that Kim!! Both my parents have dealt with it ugh

9. LanEvo thread starter macrumors 6502

I screen protected that, I already bought a case for the iPad 2, one compatible with smart cover, but it has not arrive yet...

10. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

"... scratched my iPad." Of course you did. Apple cut the back from one of the softest metals they could have picked. Might as well take some steel wool to it and scratched the entire surface.

11. greg555 macrumors 6502a

Get a Zagg Leatherskin. Once I got mine I stopped looking for anything else. I had a TPU case on it for around the house but it would get slippery as soon as your fingers sweat even a little. The Zagg is perfect for grip and of course will hide any scratches you might have on the back.

I have a Youbao case for when I take it out of the house and the iPad would tend to slide out a bit too easy. But now with the Leatherskin it stays in place great.

Greg

12. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Let a bunch of kids borrow it and then discover a couple of scratches on the screen. Then talk to me! Heck, I scratched the original iPad 2 I bought, returned it because of a dead pixel, bought a case to cover the body to go along with the Magic Cover. Somehow I still scratched the body on the first day.

13. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

Friends don't let friends buy ZAGG IMO, but I didn't know they have leather so I'll have to give em a second look

14. chriso89 macrumors regular

buy an icarbon skin:) i have the wood version an its awsome![​IMG]

15. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Back in my iPhone 3G days, I used to be OCD like that, to a fault. I'm still like that with the front of my iDevices, but not the backs anymore.
    My iPhone's front is immaculate, whilst the back has quite a few hairlines on it. It's a similar situation with my iPad.

16. Heinsenberg macrumors member

nice!

17. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

When I was OCD about the back as well as the front, I found the Clear Coat to be an awesome clear skin.
    The Smart Cover is more than enough for me now.

18. malias4 macrumors 6502a

malias4

I agree with skins, i dont like cases that make my baby look fat so ive got an icarbons black carbon skin! Looks awesome:apple: