General I see a lot of Battery Saving apps on Cydia and I'm curious do any of them work?

0xyMoron

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
California
I'm seeing so many for iOS 7 I'm just hoping someone here has thoughts on the matter.
Nope. Most of them either give detailed battery info or automatically manage stuff like brightness, disable wifi/3G/bluetooth when the battery reaches a certain custom percentage. There's no magic tweak that would make the battery life last longer without toggling stuff on/off which you can do without the help of a tweak.

I keep my brightness at a minimum level when i'm outdoors, i also have many of the launch daemons disabled using iCleaner, i have no proof of telling it's impact on improving my battery life but it does boost the performance.

Samanosuke

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2013
Stay away from those apps at all costs...

The only battery related app I have is Battery Life to know what is going on with my battery.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
I'm using Smart3G+LTE. Which, as has been mentioned, simply turns things on and off. However, the advantage of this tweak is that it does all this automatically.

If I come in to an area that has a WiFi network that I have used before the tweak will shut off LTE and 3G (leaving 2G on) and turn on WiFi. When I leave a WiFi network the tweak will shut off WiFi and turn on 3G and LTE. It does this automatically, seamlessly and silently. I never have to think about switching anything on or off.

Last I checked though it was still iOS 6.x only.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
You can do this with Activator.
Not really.

Sure, Activator has the same function. But you can't do two or three things at once. You can't set "Leave Network" to switch off WiFi AND switch on 3G AND switch on LTE. You CAN add additional "Join Network" options, but that's only for joining.

Unless there's some way to make Activator perform two or three actions off one trigger that I'm not aware of?

ominx

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Not really.

Sure, Activator has the same function. But you can't do two or three things at once. You can't set "Leave Network" to switch off WiFi AND switch on 3G AND switch on LTE. You CAN add additional "Join Network" options, but that's only for joining.

Unless there's some way to make Activator perform two or three actions off one trigger that I'm not aware of?
Sure you can do this with Activator... as long as when you mention 3G/LTE you are strictly referring to cellular data.

Here are my assignments in Activator that turn off 3G/LTE cell data when connected to wifi, and to turn cell data back on when disconnected from wifi.

IMG_0127.PNG

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
^
So far, the reviews are solid.
Thanks!

Sure you can do this with Activator... as long as when you mention 3G/LTE you are strictly referring to cellular data.

Here are my assignments in Activator that turn off 3G/LTE cell data when connected to wifi, and to turn cell data back on when disconnected from wifi.

View attachment 463579
Looks awesome, just nervous since I have a history of having Activator being a battery hog on my iPhone 5. Are you using the latest or a beta?