General I see a lot of Battery Saving apps on Cydia and I'm curious do any of them work?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kalirob99, Mar 4, 2014.

1. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I'm seeing so many for iOS 7 I'm just hoping someone here has thoughts on the matter.

2. 0xyMoron macrumors 6502

Nope. Most of them either give detailed battery info or automatically manage stuff like brightness, disable wifi/3G/bluetooth when the battery reaches a certain custom percentage. There's no magic tweak that would make the battery life last longer without toggling stuff on/off which you can do without the help of a tweak.

I keep my brightness at a minimum level when i'm outdoors, i also have many of the launch daemons disabled using iCleaner, i have no proof of telling it's impact on improving my battery life but it does boost the performance.

3. Samanosuke macrumors 6502

Stay away from those apps at all costs...

The only battery related app I have is Battery Life to know what is going on with my battery.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'm using Smart3G+LTE. Which, as has been mentioned, simply turns things on and off. However, the advantage of this tweak is that it does all this automatically.

If I come in to an area that has a WiFi network that I have used before the tweak will shut off LTE and 3G (leaving 2G on) and turn on WiFi. When I leave a WiFi network the tweak will shut off WiFi and turn on 3G and LTE. It does this automatically, seamlessly and silently. I never have to think about switching anything on or off.

Last I checked though it was still iOS 6.x only.

5. dmick89 macrumors member

6. HenryLong macrumors 6502

HenryLong

The best battery saver ever sits in front of the screen...

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Not really.

Sure, Activator has the same function. But you can't do two or three things at once. You can't set "Leave Network" to switch off WiFi AND switch on 3G AND switch on LTE. You CAN add additional "Join Network" options, but that's only for joining.

Unless there's some way to make Activator perform two or three actions off one trigger that I'm not aware of?

8. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

BattSaver for iOS7 looks like a decent tweak that might accomplish what the OP is seeking.

9. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

This is the one I was curious about. A tweak named Battery Saver is what got me thinking about tweaks like BattSaver.

10. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

11. ominx macrumors 6502

Sure you can do this with Activator... as long as when you mention 3G/LTE you are strictly referring to cellular data.

Here are my assignments in Activator that turn off 3G/LTE cell data when connected to wifi, and to turn cell data back on when disconnected from wifi.

IMG_0127.PNG

12. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Thanks!

13. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Thanks!

Looks awesome, just nervous since I have a history of having Activator being a battery hog on my iPhone 5. Are you using the latest or a beta?