I seem to of deleted all my music!!! Help?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by R0ck1t, Jun 12, 2007.

1. R0ck1t macrumors member

R0ck1t

So i downloaded the new Safari (expecting some noticeable changes) and found that iTunes and my iPod sorta died, it was moaning about music being locked or something, after various attempts I moved some stuff to the trash and restarted. iTunes and my iPod worked playing all of the songs i had on (36 hours worth).
    Now a day later i see my trash is filling up with disk images and the like and securely delete it, suddenly the music stops and it turns out my music was in the trash, its all gone. Luckily it was on my iPod but i don't know how or even if its possible to move the music back to iTunes.
    I'm currently frantically searching my backup drive but it hasn't been updated in a while and i'm not sure there's music on it anyway.

If anyone knows of anyway at all of moving music from iPod to iTunes i'd owe you one.
    Cheers.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

iPodDisk should be able to get music off your iPod, i have used it sucessfully in the past.

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Senuti will load music from the Pod to the Mac (look on Versiontracker.com)

But you need to sort out how your OS got borked, too, because just installing over top may compound the problem

Next time, make sure you make backups of your music to CD or DVD (like iTunes nags you to do).

BTW: I seem to have...

4. R0ck1t thread starter macrumors member

R0ck1t

Cheers :D

Thanks,
    iPod Disc is transferring the music now unfortunately i had some music videos and i have an old school iPod but i think i'll back my music up a bit more now.

Thanks once again.

5. afornander macrumors 6502

6. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

I'm glad someone said it so I didn't of to. :)
    Now I can go wipe the blood from my eyes.

7. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

If it is still on your IPOD, then it should automatically reinstall on your hard drive. I made that same mistake and plugged in the ipod and I was good to go without any problems.