I seriously think it is the coolest thing ever that Obama did a AMA.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by GKDAIR, Aug 29, 2012.

1. GKDAIR macrumors regular

When I read about it on CNN, I can't believe I missed it (was at work)

Do you know how much of a fangirl I would have been if Obama answered one of my questions? I would probably die.

2. AhmedFaisal Guest

You can just E-mail him. He actually answers quite a few of those himself.

3. GKDAIR thread starter macrumors regular

I wouldn't even know what to ask him, and how do I know it would really be him?

If he plans on coming to texas, which I doubt, I will totally be there to see him.

4. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I like that he did a reddit AMA because, well, it's pretty cool and shows he's more in touch with modern life. However I wasn't expecting much and luckily so because it was just a load of fluffy non-committal answers to cherry-picked questions.

Many people wanted to know why he is permitting the raids on state approved medicinal cannabis dispensaries and sure enough, silence. I would like to hear any politician actually have the courage to stand up and say the so-called "war on drugs" isn't working and take steps to make changes but no one ever does.

Politicians are all completely full of crap and slaves to their lobbyists. Until campaigns are about more than who dishes the best bullshyte and gets to a billion dollars fastest, we're going to have the shady self-interested greed of corporations in our government. I would do anything to see separation of big business and government. This has contributed to far more misery than good for normal people. I doubt anything is changing though. People the world over have lost sight of what real democracy should be.

5. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

Agreed 100%. It was obvious that he wouldn't answer the questions about the war on drugs, ACTA / SOPA / PIPA, the NDAA, Guantanamo, etc. Instead, it was the usual politician's bla-bla, Romney would probably have said pretty much the same things. The only interesting comment was about Super-PACs.

It was a smart move for his campaign to get the reddit demographic to vote for him, and as the OP demonstrates, it works quite well.

6. GKDAIR thread starter macrumors regular

No politician will touch on the subject of pot so close to election, romney or obama.

I had a friend who had cancer, twice, and they gave her pot to help with the chemo. She said it was awesome, lol.

7. walangij macrumors 6502

It was pretty cool. Reddit practically DDOS'd itself from the huge spike of traffic, so it's understandable that only a few questions were answered, the site was down for most during that period. Reddit goes down fairly regularly at peak usage times, add to that a huge volume to read the AMA and the servers burn.

8. dime21 macrumors 6502

Campaigning is and has always been his biggest achievement. Amazing how far you can get in Politics when you're well spoken and have a big smile (even if that's all you've got).

Plus he's only got a few more months in the Whitehouse, so what did he have to lose? Lol.

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So we can put a tax avoider/evader and lying Ryan in the White House?

10. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

MAN, you are REALLY going to have a hard time of it the next four years if he wins aren't you? How have you ever managed to survive the last four? :D

11. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

You know what would be even cooler? Fixing america's foreign policy so that it doesn't piss off the rest of the world.

12. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

You don't honestly believe this, do you?

13. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

To be honest I find that far more believable than him speaking to you personally about his nefarious plan to drive gas prices over $8 through taxation.

14. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I don't know about e-mail, but he does answer letters.

http://vimeo.com/5892044

No more amazing than how far you can go when you're tongue-tied and kinda goofy...

[​IMG]