I should have Aperture as free upgrade and it's not ....

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Max(IT), Oct 26, 2013.

1. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

As a legit owner of Aperture 3.4.5 I should have a free upgrade to 3.5 granted in the Mac Store, as I've got iMovie and iPhoto upgrades, but it's still 69.99€ if I select the app .... :confused:

What's wrong ? Am I missing something ? I have the original installation DVD .....

2. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

Do you not see the update in the updates tab?

3. heimo macrumors 6502

Just checking, are you logged in to the App Store (with the ID you used to buy Aperture)?

4. Max(IT) thread starter Suspended

Max(IT)

Absolutely not

----------

I think the problem could be this: I bought aperture in an apple store, not in the App Store.
    Btw yes, I'm logged in and I updated iMovie and iPhoto (useless) as free update as advertised.

5. benwiggy macrumors 68020

It should work as long as your app in installed. Reports have said that even demo versions sitting on your hard drive will trigger the free update.

So something's gone wrong somewhere. You could try creating a brand new user account and then launch App Store > Updates from there.

6. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

odd. Mine was a boxed store version, and yet it showed the update in the app store and now it shows the app in my purchases.

7. Samimac macrumors newbie

Change os x language to english and run updates. After updates change it back to your native language. That trick has helped me (from finland) and many non-english mac users.

8. pcuser444 macrumors newbie

Try to change your Language in Settings to "English"(as primary language), restart your Mac and try to update again!

9. Max(IT) thread starter Suspended

Max(IT)

The trick worked for me !
    As soon as I changed language to English I was able to update Aperture to 3.5

I think it's because aperture isn't really localized in Italian ....