Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wermy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
I ordered an iPhone 6+ on the 23rd. It is supposed to be delivered towards the end of October. I got really impatient so I started watching for Apple stores nearby to have what I wanted in stock (128GB, ATT, gray or silver). Lo and behold, this morning one was available! I cancelled my online order, went through the order process for pickup in store, hit submit, and got "An error has occurred, please try again." I frantically try again... "This item is not available at the store you selected." Someone else bought it in the 30 seconds or so it took me to try placing the order. ಠ_ಠ

Guess I'll just have to watch Apple.com like a hawk for a while.

Roland Deschain

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2014
I just got mine at the Apple store this morning (6+, 128, SG). Online status fluctuated between in-stock and not available at the location near me all morning, I'm guessing as they received the phones vs when pre-orders came in (I'm unable to pre-order for in-store pickup due to AT&T stupidity). I headed over to the store when they opened and, despite showing no inventory for the phone I wanted, was told they had plenty in back. In fact, they told me they got a "giant box" of 6+ 128GB in all colors and carriers.

So it might be worth a trip over if it's not too far...or at least a phone call.

KuchiKopi

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2014
I ordered an iPhone 6+ on the 23rd. It is supposed to be delivered towards the end of October. I got really impatient so I started watching for Apple stores nearby to have what I wanted in stock (128GB, ATT, gray or silver). Lo and behold, this morning one was available! I cancelled my online order, went through the order process for pickup in store, hit submit, and got "An error has occurred, please try again." I frantically try again... "This item is not available at the store you selected." Someone else bought it in the 30 seconds or so it took me to try placing the order. ಠ_ಠ

Guess I'll just have to watch Apple.com like a hawk for a while.

Why would you cancel your order first?! :eek: :eek:

wermy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
Thanks for the tips, I'll keep trying using both the app and the website.

You should have waited to cancel your pending order. That was your mistake.

I had to cancel my order to use an upgrade, else I'd be paying full price for the phone.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
If your original order was supposed to arrive by the end of October, in my opinion you'll for sure be able to find one in store before then. I expect people to be able to walk into an Apple store after the 15th of this month and buy whatever phone they want.

thairs

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2005
Re:

To the OP, same exact scenario literally happened to me last night/today. I was lucky enough to go straight to the store this morning after I got the error trying to get through on the App store for the purchase, and they had a few more iphone plus's left. I say stick with it and keep checking the inventory of your local retailers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.