I should have ordered on Apple.com

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nyy8, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

Silly me, went though Verzion, and well... no info on my iPhone 5 at all. Ordered on first day of pre-orders and not one email, tracking number, and when I called they gave me a order number, and it didnt work... had to call back again to be told they still haven't even ordered the iPhone from apple. *Sigh*

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its still early, relax.
    People that ordered from Apple havent officially got a tracking number yet either.

3. Nyy8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

If they haven't, then how are all these people tracking already?

4. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

5. Bammeh macrumors member

I ordered from Apple and have no tracking number. it's showing as "preparing for shipment"

Im using the UPS.com method.

you track by reference ans use the number on the apple account to track it.

6. Nyy8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

Oh wow, I just tried it. Didn't work, apple.com only.. I guess. Hoping mine comes the 21st....

7. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

We are able to track our phones by going to the UPS site and typing in our phone number as a reference number ("Track by reference"), putting in your country, and then putting in your zip code. Enter that, and you should be able to track your phone!

EDIT: Looks like someone beat me to it!

8. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Exactly.

And, is having a tracking number on Tuesday better than a phone on Friday worth it? Who knows the answer to any of this.

Silly thread.

9. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Check the Apple.com sticky. There are several ways you should try your reference number. Verizon also may have used your acct #? Just saying, there are many things you can try.

10. Nyy8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

^ Let me try that

EDIT: what is it under Geckotek? Link if possible.

11. Garrett67 macrumors regular

I ordered online from Verizon and my phone shipped today , I have also been charged. I received on email immediately when I ordered Fri at 4:59am and just received another today with tracking info.

12. Nyy8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

Thank you for that, I ordered mine at around 7:34am. Hope my tracking # comes today.

13. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

When you said that it didn't work, did you click on the correct button on top (Second arrow, not the first one which is for over the wireless site. Second arrow is for those that actually went into the Verizon store for purchase ?

Attached Files:

14. Lindsford macrumors 6502a

15. Doctorsti macrumors regular

i ordered through Verizon as well and my order number doesn't work in their order status page although funny enough all the reps say, "it should work" so I ask them to check and they all say they don't have access to that or can't check... seems like a lot of incompetence to me, unsurprising with Verizon but it's annoying to say the least.

I have no idea if I'm getting a phone on the 21st even though I completed my order at 3:08 AM on launch morning with email confirming my order and the rep I was chatting with the whole time also taking my order number and confirming it... or so he said.