I still have a ton of crash and low memory logs in 7.1

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by sunking101, Apr 1, 2014.

1. sunking101, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014

sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

The latest fresh installation of 7.1 has been on my phone for around 10 days and yet I'm still getting almost as many Safari crashes as I did with 7.0.4
    I also experience regular App Store and Facebook crashes.
    Come on Apple, this is lousy. I never had this many crash logs in over a year with 6.1.4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Odd, haven't seen practically any crashes and don't have any low memory warnings with 7.1 since the day it was released and installed.

3. sunking101 thread starter macrumors 603

sunking101

Do you do a lot of browsing on your phone?
    Do you have many browsers open at once?
    Just curious. I do use Safari intensively.

4. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

I still have a ton of crash and low memory logs in 7.1

I had several crashes a week under 7.0-7.0.6 on my iPhone 5s.

Safari would close (use it multiple times per day and often max out the tabs).

The app switcher would crash to Apple logo (so often that I got into the habit of going back to the home screen to launch apps from there).

Camera sometimes crashed to logo (rare).

I have not had one crash since 7.1. I didn't expect it to eliminate 100% of the crashes but so far it seems to have done so for me.

I upgraded OTA. Never did a clean restore since iPhone 3GS.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

I do a decent amount of browsing on a daily basis. Usually have about 7 tabs open almost on a regular basis with a couple or so more opening and closing for newer items here and there. MacRumors forums definitely gets used a lot in Safari, as do a number of other news sites, for example. I don't really use other browsers aside from Chrome for something here or there occasionally.

6. sunking101 thread starter macrumors 603

sunking101

Well, it seems that my tenth clean install of 7.1 beckons this evening. Hopefully it will address the screen auto-brightness issues I'm having, as well as the low memory and Safari crashes...

Sick of this. My phone just 'worked' with iOS6 and I've had no end of bother with iOS7. I appreciate that some guys have none of this but I'm at the end of my tether with my iPhone5.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, it's rather strange that even restores as new (without backup being put on) don't seem to be making a difference. Unless there's something weird (and hard to figure out) with the phone hardware itself somehow.

8. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I don't think this is something that Apple can fix. I noticed the same thing just an hour after installing 7.1 on my Air.

9. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Everything must be a hardware issue. Got them on my first 16GB Air, exchanged for a 32GB and still get them. Definitely must be hardware.

10. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I get them om my Retina Mini also. Hard to believe there are that many bad iPads.

11. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

My iPhone 5 has been crashing apps lately, but no memory logs. I do swipe apps out of the app switcher when I'm done using them.

I couldn't even tell you what SpringBoard is. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

12. twintin macrumors 6502

While I have few crash logs on my iPad 2, none of the apps have actually crashed while using them as far as I know (unlike prior 7.1). Guess the crash must have occuredat some point in time while not in use.

13. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

I thought the low memory logs were when you don't manually "close" apps and they are automatically shut down by iOS when memory is needed. Correct me if I am wrong. I almost never manually (double click home button and swipe up) close apps, and I get low memory logs all the time. Everything seems to be running normally without any lag, etc. regardless.

14. sunking101 thread starter macrumors 603

sunking101

I'm always closing my apps, kinda OCD about it :)