i stream my iphone music through bluetooth to my car...but when i get a call..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aliensarecool, Aug 18, 2012.

1. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

and answer the persons voice is on the car speakers, i'd like it to all be through the phone, any way to do so? JVC arsenal in dash dvd player and iphone 4s

2. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

I have the exact opposite problem using a FM transmitter, voice is playing through the phone but I want it in my speakers, I wish I could trade problems with you.

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Check your manual or give us the exact model number. "Arsenal" is an entire line of products.

4. aliensarecool thread starter macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

5. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

For me it all depends how I answer the call. If I answer with the call pickup button on the steering wheel or on my in car touch screen, caller's voice is played through speakers and in car mic is used for my voice. If I answer the call directly on the iPhone, the call is then handled on the phone unless I manually select a different audio source. This is with the stock in car bluetooth system in my Mazda.

6. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

My factory VW gives me the option while the call is ringing through the speakers in the main MFD.

7. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I don't think you can select because of the bluetooth feature. You only have just the 1 setting on your iPhone. So your streaming of music and in/out calls use the same bluetooth routing.

In my car, when I have an incoming call, I can press the button on the steering wheel or on the LCD screen or if I choose directly on the iPhone and all incoming calls will go through the speakers, unless I tap on switch on my LCD screen which reverts the calls to my iPhone.

Do you have a "Switch" button on your JVC?

8. lowbelly macrumors member

Yeah I just want it to not try to use the in dash microphone when I activate Siri. Make Siri useless in the car, which is the only place Siri has the potential to be useful!