I suped up my MBP so much that its not even worth the effort upgrading soon...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bobby Corwen, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

I usually like to update and get the newest model every year its available by selling and buying.

But now that I have the optibay mod in there, its too much of a hassle either way.

I have the 17" 2.3 so even if the 2.4-2.7s come out its gonna be so minuscule that I can't see myself going through all the work to either take out and uninstall my optibay and the ram and everything just so I could sell it and then reinstall it all on a new model that I have to wait for in the post.

At the end of the day I don't like knowing I don't have the current top of the line, but I also don't like opening these bad boys up and working on them because it takes away from the mystique. Like if you open them up, its like they are getting violated, and they are your babies...

I guess I can always sell it as is and just buy new ram and new optibay and HD again. That is probably the most profitable way.

Are these new processors even worth it? I can't decide if I want to put in the work. I really don't.

2. warvanov macrumors 6502a

It's hard to say until the actual release comes out, but chances are it will be such a minor refresh that you almost wouldn't even notice the difference between the two when all is said and done.

If it's purely an ego thing and you have money to burn, then upgrade, but I think you could find something more interesting to spend your money on.

3. tjb1 macrumors 68000

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

i would normall say "cool story bro" on a pointless thread but this is beyond pointless

5. daftpunkstu macrumors member

6. ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

narcissistic rant is narcissistic. this would be better as a blog post..

7. randomrazr macrumors 65816

theresa differnece beeetween fan boys and whiners