I think Apple will not let pass this marketing opportunity [Iphone5]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alexs5, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Alexs5 macrumors newbie

Yes im new here, hello everyone. Well as a marketing student i think that anouncing the Iphone 5 on October fifth (or making it available on that date) featuring IOS 5 is a great marketing strategy, just releasing an Iphone 4s is kinda mehish and kills the whole stunt completely. And also whats with all these cases? I mean why would a company produce them if they were not sure about the specifications of the device. After all the iphone 5 (or 4s or 4ex or 4air) has been in the hands of some manufacturing employees already so they could have bought details to back up the "leaked" design from some manufacturing employee.

It have little to do with this but, i don't think the "iphone 4 lost at a bar" thing was accidental ;), after all the iphone got a whole lot of buzz from that method.

2. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Whatever ends up happening.. We will know eventually.

3. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

as a non marketing student a new phone with ios 5 is a great idea, regardless if it is iphone 4S or 5, all it has to do is be different than the current one.

4. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

Not sure why I never thought of this... some will disagree, but whatever...

Sounds like the event will be October 4th. Going by your (not new) theory... 95% of iPhone buyers don't care about the keynote... but they DO care about the release date. For every one person that follows the keynote... there are another 100 that will jump at any moment to grab the new iPhone. My point... sounds like October 4th will be the event... but what if they release is NEXT DAY - October 5th.

It would still match up with all the 5's - iPhone 5 - iOS 5 - October 5. There are tons of pro's and con's to next day release - not as prolonged hype... but could help initial demand a bit. Or maybe would only be at Apple stores October 5th. Or maybe simply... pre-orders would start on October 5th.

Or maybe this is all a bunch of ********* (most likely)