I think by now people looking into buying a mba should hold off until June...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jjahshik32, Apr 18, 2008.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

As the macbook pro/macbooks will be updated to montevina this June, I think that people should hold off right now from buying the air/macbooks since its only a couple months away.

It would be cool if apple updates the mba as well but if not I think the new macbooks are going to be awesome with an led screen + with a 2.5" hdd I think they are the best value.

2. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

People have different needs and if their needs require a Macbook Air then they should get one.

Over my dead body I would buy a Macbook regular. I have an Air and Pro.

3. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

The paralysis of waiting threads is amazing. We should have a new forum for 'waiting' talk alone. Cause its definitely different than 'Buying' questions/discussion.

4. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

Well I think this thread would help some people who would like to buy a new apple notebook say an air or macbook pro/macbook around the next 1-2 months.

I think its silly to wait 6+ months to buy a specific notebook but if its just 1-2 months I'd say just wait, unless you absolutely dont have a computer and you need one for work.

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

A few weeks ago, I chose a MacBook over a MacBook Air. I've been extremely happy with the MacBook but even with it, I find I am still wanting a MacBook Air just for the fun of it. I'll probably get it in a week or two. There really is no sense waiting. When the new laptops come out this summer than the waiting game will start for the next time they come out. It's pretty stupid to wait, I think.

6. BlackThunder macrumors member

^Why would you need 3 laptops?

I'm not being obnoxious I really wanna know. Isn't it confusing? And don't you really just use one and ignore the other?

I have a desktop and a macbook.. and I only use the desktop when the macbook is out for repair or if somebody is at my house and wants to use the internet while I'm doing something. I can't imagine giving more than 1 computer my attention.

7. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

one of the major reasons why i'm trying to sell my new macbook. i bought it about 2 months ago when apple came out with the speed increases, but i use my desktop way more than my macbook.

8. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

Because mac is addictive and this member can afford buying more. Good for him! I wish I can afford all the macbooks though.

9. BlackThunder macrumors member

Not exactly... Like I said I have had multiple macs and can afford more, I'm just wondering if his work requires him to have more and if he uses them all on a somewhat regular basis.

I always end up neglecting all except one. meh, to each his own. I guess it's nice to have 3 back up computers incase you have 3 fluke accidents in the same week. Instead of getting apple care just get another laptop lol.

10. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

Well if you can afford it, the purpose of having more macs is somehow inconsequential. It really becomes an issue of "hey I can afford more, so why not". Luxury I know... but that's the power of having more money and the ability to spend on what you want, instead of what you need.

11. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

With all your MacStuff - you need to have an Air, too;)

I have a MB, MBP & Air. The MB & Pro pretty much sit. I'll probably give the MB to one of my kids or coworkers since it is heavy, ugly and I don't like it anymore:p

12. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

Damn you!!!!:eek::p

13. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

the macbooks ugly? heavy???
    The macbook looks better than most laptops in its class and weighs the same or less than most in its class. What u mean heavy and ugly???

14. .:R2theT macrumors 6502

Maybe compared to the Air?:rolleyes:

15. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Well, I don't :p

To new, I'd be fine with buy a MBA, if it meets you needs as is. I might wait for a MBA 2, with a bigger SDD/HD, but I'd never expect it in June

16. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I doubt that they would jump to the Atom processor.