I think campers and early birds did me a huge favor..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by richpuer, Sep 21, 2012.

1. richpuer macrumors 6502

Whats the point really? I mean, besides scaring people to think stock is going to be gone?

I snoozed on the pre order date. got screwed with the walmart pre order (they had zero), and said efff this and headed to my local apple store.

i had a map of 5 other locations me and wife were going to hit seperately and when i arrived at the first store at about 9am, there was 40-50 ahead of me. done and out with 2 phones in 1.5 hr and back to enjoy the rest of my day. basically just strolled in late and took the cake.

they told me there was a bigger line in the morning but that was it..those guys waited 6+hrs...oh well.. just an interesting launch day observation i guess. also the lady at the apple store kept saying this was the weakest launch theyve seen so far. ipad 3 was better

2. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

I did the same but I went to a att store, on my way to work I passed by 3 att stores and 2 sprint and 1 Verizon with at least 15 people waiting, on my break I went to att they didn't have the black one but they did have a lot white 32gb 10 minute later walked out with my iPhone 5

3. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

So how exactly did the campers and early birds do u a huge favor?